Continental Actually furoughs.. this sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tie1on

Got to love contract neg. They are furloughing on Sept 9 148 pilots with another 31 professionals in the wings.

Mgt is pissed that the pilots/MEC voted down the piece of s**t LOA about JV opportunities.

Now going from " First to Worst". Ge ready for the ride

Management may be pissed, but we will see what their counter-offer is.

The furloughs are not new news anyways, we have known about that for a few weeks.

Management may be pissed, but we will see what their counter-offer is.

Bet on it. Mgmt wants this bad and will continue to come back to the union and this pilot group until it gets what it wants or completely destroys the culture that has been built here over the last 14 years.

I'm not the only one who would rather take my furlough than;

1. Sit reserve for the next 2 yrs
2. Give up one sentence in the current "contract"

This furlough isn't the end of the world. Most of us are on 1st year pay. I was able to find work that pays far more than my CAL pay within a week of getting my furlough notice. I'm not that worried frankly and I'm looking forward to the time away for a little while.

Honestly, I see the recent actions taken by management only making this pilot group stronger and stronger. To furlough pilots out of spite is unconscionable; and if that is what CAL management did, then they have caused themselves irreparable damage. I have completely lost faith in this organization.

Bet on it. Mgmt wants this bad and will continue to come back to the union and this pilot group until it gets what it wants

From my understanding they wanted us to allow them to do revenue sharing with United and Luftansa Airlines as part of our new Star Alliance membership. The alliance doesn't take effect for another year so I don't think they are in any hurry. The hurry was to get the LOA passed before the pilots were furloughed. I don't agree with managements actions but I think it is important to understand the thought process of the ones sitting across the table from you.

From my understanding they wanted us to allow them to do revenue sharing with United and Luftansa Airlines as part of our new Star Alliance membership. The alliance doesn't take effect for another year so I don't think they are in any hurry. The hurry was to get the LOA passed before the pilots were furloughed. I don't agree with managements actions but I think it is important to understand the thought process of the ones sitting across the table from you.

I fail to see why we should give them anything at all. Furlough or not our contract is terrible. There is nothing in that contract that is negotiable. I don't care how long they are willing to wait. I just don't think there is anything to talk about.

I fail to see why we should give them anything at all. Furlough or not our contract is terrible. There is nothing in that contract that is negotiable. I don't care how long they are willing to wait. I just don't think there is anything to talk about.

I agree with you 100%.

Just out of curiosity, is there any historical precedent for furloughing while making money? I don't remember this ever being done anywhere in the past.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back