• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Constant Descent Arrivals...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's about reduced work load for both controllers and pilots and providing a safer work environment. Atl is not creating the wheel. They will be doing this in the future at all major airports. As a pilot, you will love it.

ATL controllers are a great bunch, but they will tweak the crap out of this. They bailed on the descend-via arrivals pretty quick last time we tried it. Same for the speed traps now.

210 knots on the downwind cornerpoint comes to mind... hopefully they'll get this fixed in time.

At least we're able to do RNAV off the deck again.

I haven't flown this month yet. How's that working out? Is that the standard takeoff clearance now?

It's standard now. I didn't get it off 28 the other day though. Clearance isn't like it used to be. The give you something to the effect, "Cleared for takeoff runway X, RNAV to X." You have repeat it back to verify the correct RNAV point.

I haven't flown this month yet. How's that working out? Is that the standard takeoff clearance now?

I've been going into NAV mode just after I set up the Flight Director when given position and hold. It stays in HDG until just off the end of the runway and then goes to NAV. Easy.

Latest resources

Back