Constant Descent Arrivals...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smacktard

So ASA is jumping on the CDA test into ATL using 2 new RNAV arrivals not only for fuel savings but to 'reduce our carbon footprint'. Here comes the barf... GMAFB. The best way to reduce your carbon footprint is to hold your breath until you turn blue and then pass out. Think of the savings! It's so 'refreshing' to see that ASA cares about the Earth because I'm sure that had about, oh, zero impact in the decision to try this out. How about selling it under the guise of additional fuel savings to help maintain profitability to maintain bonusability? Let's go with what will really get people to do it. Spare me the green bullsh!t. You'll know who I am, I'll be the one of the radio saying "nah, we'll stick with the Erlin."

I'm sick of this green BS too! It's just a matter of time before we have huge taxes levied on airlines in the name of saving the environment

The biggest push for these arrivals is coming from ATC.

They are hoping that transitioning from the arrival directly into an ILS will reduce the number of "How Long's Final?" requests.

ATC is still working on how to reduce the number of "Wind Checks" though.

Last edited:
The biggest push for these arrivals is coming from ATC.

They are hoping that transitioning from the arrival directly into an ILS will reduce the number of "How Long's Final?" requests.

ATC is still working on how to reduce the number of "Wind Checks" though.

It's been working great at LAX for about a year now. The ILS clearance comes about 50 miles out, and the altitudes on the arrival on the approach make it so you can do a power off descent until about 15 miles out..

We've been doing the CDAs for a while now coming in from redeyes. It'll be nice not to get micromanaged by ATC on the descent, although I'm sure they'll find a way to do it.

They sure do work nicely in LAX.

We could be a lot greener if they (DL rampers/gate agents) could hook up the ground power faster, but that would require an actual gate agent to in the jetway on our arrival and two for them to be able to actually work the jetway. How many minutes of fuel and exhaust have we sent into the air waiting on these clowns?!?!?

Latest resources

Back