• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dignan

Working for Mr. Henry
Hey Gang,

I'm a regional FO who has been looking into the fractionals lately. I'm currently at a very good regional, but upgrade and turbine PIC are always "about four months away." And when it does come, it will mean commuting to reserve.
So, I've been checking out your forum and even posted a few questions earlier. NetJets seems to have what I'm looking for--gateway cities, quick upgrade, good schedule, etc. So I've got a few questions:
1. Do they have an on-line application?
2. Does it look like the quick upgrades (@3 months) will continue over the next year?
3. Do you get the week on/week off schedule right out of training and is that held to firmly? Is there anything close to reserve(uggh)?
4. Are the medical/dental benefits comparable to what a good regional has and when do they kick in?
5. Finally, do I even stand a chance at getting called? 5400TT, 2500 Pt. 135 PIC (all small piston stuff) and 1600 Pt. 121 turbine SIC, but I know no one there.
6. How many hours do you fly per month/year on average?
If anyone has the free time and insight to answer these, please let me know. I greatly appreciate your help. Take care and fly safe.

D

1. Do they have an on-line application?
Yes, www.netjets.com click on "careers"

2. Does it look like the quick upgrades (@3 months) will continue over the next year?
Yes (but not recommended)

3. Do you get the week on/week off schedule right out of training and is that held to firmly? Is there anything close to reserve(uggh)?
No, currently, the 7/7 schedule is available by bid only, to 50% of crews per a/c type.
Yes, you may have to sit in the "bullpen" while waiting for IOE.

4. Are the medical/dental benefits comparable to what a good regional has and when do they kick in?
Yes, including vision. The day you start indoc.

5. Finally, do I even stand a chance at getting called? 5400TT, 2500 Pt. 135 PIC (all small piston stuff) and 1600 Pt. 121 turbine SIC, but I know no one there.
Yes.

6. How many hours do you fly per month/year on average?
45-80/month. Depends the aircraft you are in. Ultras/Xs=A lot!

NJA Capt,

Thanks a lot for the quick and thorough response. I'll probably fill out the on-line app and see what happens. About schedules--pardon my ignorance but what is sitting "in the bullpen?" Something akin to reserve? What would be a typical schedule for a new hire until he could be the 7/7 lines? Thanks for any help you can give.

D

Yes, it's something like reserve. You must be within 100 miles of your gateway for your whole tour, whether you fly or not. Everyone starts on the 17 day sched. Ideally, two 6 day tours and one 5 day tour. With varying numbers of days off.

Latest resources

Back