Considering CAPT? BE WARNED!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TO ALL:

Flying Ninja = Sour Grapes. Plain and simple. Just read this individuals posts on this board and others. He spews the same stuff over and over. YES - You got GANKED. We all know. Since you first began spreading this drivel, you have been offered countless plausible solutions to you plight, yet all you do is say it can't work and you're screwed. We should all feel so bad for you. Guess what, most people in this world really don't care. In my opinion, you're someone who thought he'd leapfrog everyone with some flashy program and ended up getting ganked. If you really wanted to fly, you could. There are just too many feasible options that would allow you to do so, yet you just complain complain complain. You ae unwilling to pursue any oppourtunities and rather remain bitter. I don't think you really want it bad enough anyways.

Personally, with your attitude which I recognize from these boards, it is best you remain outside of the flightdeck. Your attitude is poor, disgruntled and seemingly closed-minded.

While we do not always agree Amish, I agree with you on this one.

Amish,

We're not going to do this again are we? I know what my money situation is and what can and can't be done. Spare me your idealogical crap. I've already stated countless times that I'm not pursuing an aviation career. Why do you people seem to think I'm still going after it? And I really don't care if you feel bad for me or not. My whole intent is to be an example of what might happen to you if you go to CAPT. That's it. Plain and simple. I'm not asking anyone to rescue me or give me a solution. I never asked for any of you people's help. So once again, don't read my plight as a cry for help. I'm putting myself out there for others to see as an example of what CAPT might do to you if you go there. It's just that simple. You really don't remember a thing without a checklist huh Amish?

If Flying Ninja's main point is that this industry isn't for everyone, whether from the financial standpoint or otherwise, I don't think that's any great discovery. I also don't think that anyone would argue with that.

Some people in life prefer to focus on problems and how insurmountable they are, while others focus on finding solutions and challenge adversity head-on.

There are 3 types of people in this world.

Those make things happen.

Those who watch things happen.

And those who wonder what the F**K happened.

Also, somehow I think you didn't do so well in your limited time in aviation and to save face, you blame this CAPT program on your shortcomings. When friends and family ask why you haven't made it up front, you can easily use CAPT as a scapegoat. Call me crazy, but I'm willing to bet there are several CAPT cadidates that have successfully benefitted from this program (as asinine as it may be) and are doing things with it.

If you were really determined to make it in this tough field, you would have marched right past adversity and done things to further your career aspirations (when they could be called that - as you claim now, you have no desire any more). You've got everything short of the CFI's. Go brush up on your skills with a home PC sim and read the hell out of those FAA publications in your spare time. Take all the CFI writtens too. Go out to the airport and fly safty pilot, or just tag along in the back. A CFI program can be had for a couple of thousand dollars. Savethis up during the course of the next few months. Work some extra jobs. Alll you would need is a few thousand to get the ticket. From there, you could CFI and work other jobs on the side or vice versa.

You need to change your mindset.

I never said I was this elite pilot. Did I try? Absolutely. Did I approach CAPT when I ran into problems? Absolutely. What did they do? Marginally interested in teaching me, much more intrested in wasting my time and money in letting me figure it out. Great teaching methodology there. As far as my training is concerned, I graduated "summa cum laude"...whatever that means. Suffice to say someone at CAPT thought I demonstrated enough skill to be graduating with high honors. Maybe they lied to me? If so, I wouldn't be surprised.

As for success stories at CAPT, several people have won the lottery here and there too. Which is to say regardless of the odds or the game, there will always be some people that will get lucky. It has nothing to do with CAPT being a great program.

I'm not arguing with you about my mindset. I know my attitude sucks. But it wasn't like this before CAPT. I was enthusiastic as hell about aviation and trusted CAPT to deliver their promises on those glossy ads and behind closed doors chit chats. I know I'm a broken bird. Which is why I've stopped pursuing aviation because I know I'll be dangerous out there in the real world. But that doesn't mean I can't advise people to avoid CAPT. I'd hate to see others fall into the hole I ended up with after CAPT. Trust me, this hole sucks, and I'd hate to have company.

At least I can say this...I'm starting to fly the hell out of Flight Simulator X and getting compliments on my landings from ATC players. I feel great that my $100K has given me the exceptional approaches and landings in a game.

The money that I make now is to pay off this debt so that I don't have to wake up everday feeling like someone kicked me in the nuts. And I'm also putting away money so that in case I lose my job, I don't have to worry about Joey and Tony coming to my door to break my legs. I'm doing the best I can with what I got. And I have been trying to do the CFI thing, but studying for something that constantly reminds me of my aviation failure doesn't help. As for playing safety pilot, I've put myself out there. Do you know how many people here in my area want safety pilots? NONE. I've even gone online to pilotsharetheride.com to see about that. I've contacted a couple of outfits for towing banners. I've even looked into flying jumpers at drop zones...they all want more experience and more time because the equipment they fly, I have no experience with. With the amount of money I owe each month, there is NO way I can do that (CFI) full time and make my monthly loan payments...even with a part time job. I've done the math...over and over and over again to the point I feel like puking or going back down to FL to beat the living sh!t out of somebody. Neither is productive and one will definitely land me in a cell block. So I warn people about CAPT.

Last edited:
As for success stories at CAPT, several people have won the lottery here and there too. Which is to say regardless of the odds or the game, there will always be some people that will get lucky. It has nothing to do with CAPT being a great program.

Luck favors those who are prepared.

Dude, you're way too pessimistic. Really. This obsession with CAPT is unhealthy and only hurts you psychologically. You need to learn from this and move on. I understand your desire to inform others of their questionable program, but you've more than done that at this point. Anyone contemplating this place will hopefully do a search of it and found all you critiqued of it and make a decision from there. It may actually be a good fit for others, mind you. But continuously posting this will only remind you of your failings there and keep you bitter. Let it go and move on for your own sanity. Trust me. You're letting this eat you up inside.

It's already eaten me up. This war isn't over until CAPT goes out of business or I'm dead.

Who would really want to go to Eagle anyway? I mean, good company, but 5-7 years to upgrade? No thanks.

-Goose
I guess that you are forgetting that AA is recalling, and we are going to be losing 190 captains in the next two years, and a new hire is now going to be facing a 2-4 year upgrade. Compound that with the stability, the training, and the good contract and I would bet you that more people than you think would be wanting to go to Eagle. Much better choice than Mesa, TSA, Pinnacle, Skywest(debatable), Mesaba, and Comair.

I guess that you are forgetting that AA is recalling, and we are going to be losing 190 captains in the next two years, and a new hire is now going to be facing a 2-4 year upgrade. Compound that with the stability, the training, and the good contract and I would bet you that more people than you think would be wanting to go to Eagle. Much better choice than Mesa, TSA, Pinnacle, Skywest(debatable), Mesaba, and Comair.

Good point. I actually wasn't aware of that... But I'm still not going to run to CAPT.

-Goose

Latest resources

Back