• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Considering applying to the FAA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Escobar is dead. THe folks who shot him aren't, however. A parachute doesn't help you much if you're not alive to pull the ripcord.

Not sure where you get your pay scale, but you do have to land it, and most of the time the pay is 20 years to life, if the "close-knit" union doesn't silence you first. The equipment is not good, nor is it fast; it's stolen, it's slow, and you can take your chances. I've known a couple of folks who played the game. Their biggest complaint wasn't the risk or the pay. It was that when they wanted to quit, they weren't allowed to do so. That's something to consider.

I can pack it for you, but do you really want to jump it?

Last edited:
A Squared,

Just wanted to add to what I wrote earlier about landing on ice. I probably should have clarified the situation. It is illegal for someone to land an aircraft on the Quabbin Reservoir, and there was an accident in recent years in which someone landed on partially frozen ice on the Quabbin and the aircraft sunk. Then, yes, there is a call to act on something like that.

I am sorry if I did not make it clear what I was talking about. I think it's neat to land on solid ice with a ski equipped aircraft and to do so safely. I am sure our local FSDO does not have a problem with it when it's done safely and legally--in fact there used to be a fly-in in New Hampshire that involved landing on a frozen lake. The weather has been too warm this winter to have it. Darn!

Take care and enjoy your ski-equipped plane--sounds like fun!

kilomike

Latest resources

Back