Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Congress actually works once in awhile - read this...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uh, in case you haven't noticed, there is an ongoing push in this country amongst Democrats for carbon taxes....and anyone who has failed to see the rampant political opportunism in which the Dems are partaking regarding the so-called global warming issue either hasn't been paying attention, shares their views and doesn't want to admit it, or is otherwise really stupid.

I'd rather have inept, power-grabbing Democrats making up global warming and taxing Ford F350s than inept power-grabbing Republicans making up terrorist threats, spending $100s of billions on a mostly pointless war that's killed over 4,000 servicemen and women and maimed 10's of thousands more, and eroding civil liberties in our own country by deficit-spending our way to the most bloated federal workforce and budget in my lifetime (probably ever).

Tough choice. I'll take the misguided do-gooder parochial Democrats any day. They scare me a whole lot less.

Now if Republicans and conservatives in general hadn't totally lost sight of what it once meant to be "conservative," it might be a tougher choice. Since both choices, by and large, suck anymore, I guess I'll have to vote for my career.

See you at the polls.

I'd rather have inept, power-grabbing Democrats making up global warming and taxing Ford F350s than inept power-grabbing Republicans making up terrorist threats, spending $100s of billions on a mostly pointless war that's killed over 4,000 servicemen and women and maimed 10's of thousands more, and eroding civil liberties in our own country by deficit-spending our way to the most bloated federal workforce and budget in my lifetime (probably ever).

Tough choice. I'll take the misguided do-gooder parochial Democrats any day. They scare me a whole lot less.

Now if Republicans and conservatives in general hadn't totally lost sight of what it once meant to be "conservative," it might be a tougher choice. Since both choices, by and large, suck anymore, I guess I'll have to vote for my career.

See you at the polls.

Ugh. I agree, especially about the conservative movement of the 80's having nothing to do with the current Republican party.

Remember though . . . the democrat congress could have stopped all of this (war, bloated spending, patriot act) at any time. They did nothing.

John McCain is neither republican or conservative. At best, he's kind of like JFK . . . a President who was a democrat, but not insane when it came to national defense, fiscal responsibility, or over-reaching federal power. A guy like JFK could never be a contender for his parties nomination today. . . far too "conservative".

Anyone curious about how we keep managing to get the same bozo's running for office should do a wiki search on "the iron law of oligarchy" . . . this will only get worse and worse.

And while you idiots are arguing amongst yourselves about which political party is better (Repeat this 100 times: NEITHER, they're ALL out for themselves), you are going to miss the passing of this, and other bills like it as the politicians (here) ram them up your arse in trade for something they want.

Last edited:
And while you idiots are arguing amongst yourselves about which political party is better (Repeat this 100 times: NEITHER, they're ALL out for themselves), you are going to miss the passing of this, and other bills like it as the politicians ram them up your arse in trade for something they want.

Huh? The European Union is going to ram something up my arse?

Let's see...what do I have to trade so I won't get my arse rammed? I've got an Alanis Morisette CD (don't ask). Will that keep my arse from getting rammed by the EU?

Didn't figure this had to be pointed out and/or specified, but....apparently it does:

No, the EU won't/can't. But the politicians here will agree to it. Just like they have been agreeing to other crap associated with "open skies" and cabotage. The carrot of 1 more Heathrow slot or some pitance like that will be dangled if front of them. They will then trade your future for it in favor of themselves and the lobbiest that throw money at them.

PS: I edited my post for your benefit. Hopefully that clears things up for you.

Last edited:
Remember though . . . the democrat congress could have stopped all of this (war, bloated spending, patriot act) at any time. They did nothing.

The Republicans held the white house and majorities in the house and senate in the runup to the war. This mess rests squarely on their shoulders.

The Republicans held the white house and majorities in the house and senate in the runup to the war. This mess rests squarely on their shoulders.

The majority of Democrats and their leadership were perfectly happy to vote for it though. They've controlled both houses since 2006, and besides loading up every funding bill with an unprecedented amount of earmarks, I'm not aware of anything they've accomplished.

Hell, GW has vetoed fewer bills than any President in history. I don't think his first veto was until year 5 or 6.

I'm sorry, but both parties share the blame now, for the war and everything else. The President is not a monarch with absolute power. Congress has enormous power (even minority parties) but they're unwilling to exercise it.

Last edited:
Since both choices, by and large, suck anymore, I guess I'll have to vote for my career.

See you at the polls.

I"m not sure if you realize this, but that thing you fly generates a hell of a lot more carbon than any F350....what makes you think that you'll be spared?

Environmentalists would love nothing more than to see you and every airline pilot out of a job.

It really shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out which party is beholden to their special interests.

Vote your career, indeed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back