• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Congratulations to the CAL boys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still bummed out that all your friends are at FedEx and you are stuck at CAL, crapdog?

I still can't believe that you posted that on a message board since you are still on probabtion, but whatever. LOL

Hey Poco, how are ya? How is the job at UA going? I know you said some months ago that you had an inside track to a job there. I have also requested that any UA pilots on this website PM you for reference help. What's the status; going good right?

FYI

Had a nice phone conversation with ALPA President John Prater today on the way to teach P2P class. Haven't talked with John in a few months and it was nice to catch up.

I asked if there was anything he wanted to relay to the P2P class today on his behalf. He stated he wanted all CAL ALPA pilots to know we need to build a strike committee of 5000. We need to have organized militancy within our MEC. He also stated it would make him very happy to some day in the future sign a contact at CAL that recognized our hard fought contractual gains in the on going contract campaign. He mentioned picketing at 2 AM with the the AVSTAR pilots a few days ago. Said that out of something like 700 total AVSTAR pilots 175 showed up to picket (amazing turnout and show of unity). Lastly he stated that best way for our management (CAL) to take notice was to have hundreds of our pilots show up at another properties participating in other airline/union picketing events.

I heard that you fought the company hard and got your unlimited water back. Flight attendants are no longer required to report you for asking for a full bottle of water while on the flight deck.

Nice work on that! Lesser pilot groups would have probably rolled over and flown without access to water.

They took it away, you got it back, and now you celebrate the victory!

I'm curious as to how you got past the "Must be of good moral character" part of the ATP requirment. From your posts it seems you have no moral fiber at all and even less character.

Pocono as an fellow XJT pilot you are an embarassment. Are you so ignorant that you can't see that your job is dependent upon CAL's success? Or are you so ignorant that you believe branded flying can sustain us? Grow up.

I think Pocono doesn't worry about his job. As long as the current CAL group is on property he'll have his Calex job. Because we all know "Working together works." They CAL guys won't do anything to threaten the company financially. Sorry to say.

I think Pocono doesn't worry about his job. As long as the current CAL group is on property he'll have his Calex job. Because we all know "Working together works." They CAL guys won't do anything to threaten the company financially. Sorry to say.

I gotta call Bull Sh!T on this statement. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The CAL of today is nothing like any CAL of the past 20 years. I'll be more then happy to prove you wrong in the not to distant future.

I gotta call Bull Sh!T on this statement. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The CAL of today is nothing like any CAL of the past 20 years. I'll be more then happy to prove you wrong in the not to distant future.

I second that. There is so much new blood here that has taken pay cuts and furloughs elsewhere. We are not going to roll over like the pilot group of the past. Actions speak louder than words though, please take notice the next few months.

Such as the amazingly biased FO pay rates. Everyone under year 6 here is a no vote on anything that doesn't really fix this B-scale.

I have no idea what the company culture is like at CAL, or how the events of the past 20 years shape the current attitudes.

What I do know is there are a lot of great folks hired in the last 3 years there that want their company to be successful, and their contracts to be comparable to other successful airlines. Additionally, many of these folks have not much to lose--Delta, Airtran, UPS , and even UAL are all hiring, and SWA and FDX will be again (eventually).

I think the junior folks will actually provide more negotiating muscle than the senior folks. I also think most of them want their company to succeed in the long term. I think there is real potential for some win/win outcomes. Just stick together--and stay focused.

Pocono --you are on the lignore list now. This board has been and can be a tremendous asset to pilots trying to share information or get the word out on various issues. I can't stop you from posting, but really---I've never seen you post anything of positive value. Instead of blasting away at CAL why don't you spend that energy helping some folks learn about XJT that want to join the team? There are tons of ways you can mentor/help folks, and the positive energy will probably help you too. If you really are a female XJT captain, I know you'd be a heck of a role model to a lot of young folks trying to get started in their careers.

I have no idea what the company culture is like at CAL, or how the events of the past 20 years shape the current attitudes.

What I do know is there are a lot of great folks hired in the last 3 years there that want their company to be successful, and their contracts to be comparable to other successful airlines. Additionally, many of these folks have not much to lose--Delta, Airtran, UPS , and even UAL are all hiring, and SWA and FDX will be again (eventually).

I think the junior folks will actually provide more negotiating muscle than the senior folks. I also think most of them want their company to succeed in the long term. I think there is real potential for some win/win outcomes. Just stick together--and stay focused.

Pocono --you are on the lignore list now. This board has been and can be a tremendous asset to pilots trying to share information or get the word out on various issues. I can't stop you from posting, but really---I've never seen you post anything of positive value. Instead of blasting away at CAL why don't you spend that energy helping some folks learn about XJT that want to join the team? There are tons of ways you can mentor/help folks, and the positive energy will probably help you too. If you really are a female XJT captain, I know you'd be a heck of a role model to a lot of young folks trying to get started in their careers.

very well said, Albie. and thanks for the endorsement. i am hopeful for a bright future at CAL.

as for Pocono Pilot...i have requested explanation from moderators why this pinhead is allowed to freely assault my professional peer group time and again. it's my belief that Pocono Pilot is in cahoots with the moderators of this board. others have been 'suspended' or 'banned' for much less damage than Pocono Pilot.

at any rate, Pocono Pilot is only useful to his/herself. and even that must be a challenge to justify on a daily basis. Pocono Pilot is the spirit of an unsuccessful pilot group. that is why he/she is not a successful interview candidate.

even the highly respected and hugely productive Emerald Coast Interview Consulting couldn't turn the Pocono Pig into a Princess.

thanks again, Albie. your words are useful for those of us who like to help one another. i've done my best to boost those who i think would be a good fit at CAL and at other airlines. the great majority of those people have been successful. and some have even received 2nd chances and been rewarded that way. that is the spirit that i wish to promote. help those who want to be successful in life.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back