Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Concerned Mom Won't Fly with Arabs (who train Marines)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya, we're hated allright. But anytime another country needs their ass saved by the U.S. all of a sudden we are a$$holes if we don't help. This country is caught between a rock and a hard place. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Africa has needed help for a LONG time, and the US has never bothered with Darfur. Do you know how many MILLIONS have been killed, maimed, and/or displaced?? No one raised a finger for them. Make no mistake... the Bush cowboy (both dad and son) will act for whatever interests best suits the Republican party and oil corporations.

It's beyong me why people have to be paranoid and hate, distrust, and fear all 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. Why can't be as Americans just be vigilant? Not paranoid, but vigilant.

Africa has needed help for a LONG time, and the US has never bothered with Darfur. Do you know how many MILLIONS have been killed, maimed, and/or displaced?? No one raised a finger for them. Make no mistake... the Bush cowboy (both dad and son) will act for whatever interests best suits the Republican party and oil corporations.

It's beyong me why people have to be paranoid and hate, distrust, and fearl all 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. Why can't be as Americans just be vigilant? Not paranoid, but vigilant.

Uh, don't get me wrong, I don't trust any politician these days, DEMOCRATS, REPUBLICANS, LIBERALS, CONSERVATIVES, ETC. NOT one of them care about you or me.

I know what you are saying dude but I don't think what the lady that got off the airplane did was wrong. It was her gut instinct and we all have the freedoms to do that.

Uh, don't get me wrong, I don't trust any politician these days, DEMOCRATS, REPUBLICANS, LIBERALS, CONSERVATIVES, ETC. NOT one of them care about you or me.

I know what you are saying dude but I don't think what the lady that got off the airplane did was wrong. It was her gut instinct and we all have the freedoms to do that.

Well here's the thing, we're getting conflicting sources of information from different sources. All initial reports were that the lady wanted off SIMPLY because they spoke Arabic. And that was it. Now that's being paranoid, not vigilant.

BUT,

now, reports have conflicting information. One is her side, one is the airline's side, and the last is the Arabic guys' side.

I've read all three, and don't know what to think until this is all investigated further and cleared up.

But if everything she is reporting is true, then it sounds like vigilance, and not paranoia.

Then again, you have to wonder if she's starting to sugar coat anything after the fact it was found that they were indeed US citizens training US Marines. Maybe she changed her story that she heard/saw other suspicious things about them, just so it seems she was justified in her decision. Maybe all along, it was all paranoia and just hearing them speak Arabic drove her off the airplane.

We won't know the 100% truth.

Well here's the thing, we're getting conflicting sources of information from different sources. All initial reports were that the lady wanted off SIMPLY because they spoke Arabic. And that was it. Now that's being paranoid, not vigilant.

Regardless, it's her perogative.

If I want to get off an airplane because someone next to me is Mexican, that's my business. Paranoia or not, it's her business.

It's beyong me why people have to be paranoid and hate, distrust, and fear all 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. Why can't be as Americans just be vigilant? Not paranoid, but vigilant.

Guess we lost our confidence going there after Somalia.......lost a friend..

There were 8 years between HW Bush and W Bush. It was called the Clinton years. Nothing was done in Africa during that time. We are always told that Dems are for the minorities, especially during elections. The Bushes didn't, and havent, acted because there is no oil there, right? Why then did Clinton not act? I think there were a few murders in Rowanda during the Clinton years. I'm sure those were Bush's fault also.

Africa has plenty of oil. So with your line of thinking we should be in Africa now.

If Iraq is all about oil, why haven't oild prices dropped? Let me guess, Haliburton is raising prices to make a profit for Cheney.

There were 8 years between HW Bush and W Bush. It was called the Clinton years. Nothing was done in Africa during that time. We are always told that Dems are for the minorities, especially during elections. The Bushes didn't, and havent, acted because there is no oil there, right? Why then did Clinton not act? I think there were a few murders in Rowanda during the Clinton years. I'm sure those were Bush's fault also.

Africa has plenty of oil. So with your line of thinking we should be in Africa now.

If Iraq is all about oil, why haven't oild prices dropped? Let me guess, Haliburton is raising prices to make a profit for Cheney.

My point was that although the US gives lots of aid as a superpower, we often don't get involved unless US interests are directly involved. That helps to explain our heavy presence in the Middle East, and virtually none in Africa. Also, investigate the links between Bush and the Saudi Royal family.

Latest resources

Back