• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Competitive Mins for Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Meet the mins and apply. You'll never know if you doesn't. It does help to know someone and you can get in the door with less time.

Lots of growth at Delta with new airlplanes and a new refreshed attitude. Delta is definietly where it is at.

Jesus christ dude - if that is you in your avatar, you are by far the biggest f'in dork in the book. For all the DAL guys worth 2 cents...I'm so sorry you have to deal with this instructorqueer who has absolutely zero SA in an airplane and his highest qual is an F/O at GoJet. Absolutely pathetic.

ACL,

Did he get online at ASA about a year ago?

701EV

My cousin's wife got a call 3 days after applying. 3,600 total; 1500-ish TPIC, and only 250-ish multi. Mostly Caravan operations in Africa.

Hired.

My next door neighbor just got hired too! He just graduated from that truck driving academy and thought he'd give airline driving a try. He was able to convince the interviewers... and got the job. He reports to 767 ER school next week!

Some guys get all the breaks in life! To make matters worse...once the word got out he got on with Delta...he ended up hooking up with the best lookin 22 y/o in Atlanta!!

You are qualified.
If you are referring to the person who used to work in scheduling and is one of our FO's, he is qualified. They went to great lengths to make sure that he would be successful before they brought him in. It is not just your total time and PIC that makes you a good candidate here. It is the total package. If you have interviewed, worked on special projects, etc, it looks just as good if not better than a ton of CRJ time. It is like a Liberal Arts degree, you are a well diversified person, that can do more than go from point A to point B. IE long term viability. They are looking for more than just line pilots. You could see that in some of the people that they hired in my class.

Hmmm. My mistake, I thought the ad said they were hiring PILOTS.

My next door neighbor just got hired too! He just graduated from that truck driving academy and thought he'd give airline driving a try. He was able to convince the interviewers... and got the job. He reports to 767 ER school next week!

Some guys get all the breaks in life! To make matters worse...once the word got out he got on with Delta...he ended up hooking up with the best lookin 22 y/o in Atlanta!!

I don't remember that dude, but good on him.

I don't think instructor dude works at DAL. To my knowledge only two GJ pilots got on here. There have been several letters written to ALPA about that. It seems that many don't want them in the association.

I was asked about the GJ issue in my interview being a former waterskier. So they obviously know about it. And I had an ASA FO in my interview, he seemed like he had it together.

It is funny. I had one of those guys in my class. He did not have any questions about it. He was not given any guff about it either. I guess it was the other one that made the big stink about the seniority issue. I am sure that is where all of this is coming from.

They are hiring pilots, but as you know not all pilots stay line pilots. That is the point. They are looking for people that they can look to in the future. This is after they have been on line for a few years. I am sure that they will be the ones to fill the coveted positions in the future. DAL always hires these people in the front of the wave.

Hmmm. My mistake, I thought the ad said they were hiring PILOTS.

Yeah and they also prefer masters course work. Get serious, they will take who they want and when they want. We all know that DAL is the apex of the MCI friends and family plan.

It is the total package. If you have interviewed, worked on special projects, etc, it looks just as good if not better than a ton of CRJ time.

Translation: DAL is looking for a bunch of company men that won't "stir up trouble" come contract time.

Latest resources

Back