Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

METARzan

Fellow Aviator
Just wondering what the competitive mins are for DELTA.

I've got about 5,000 total
1,000 Jet PIC
4000 part 121 time
2 letters of rec from Delta pilots
NO military time

I just submitted my app online and was trying to figure out if I should be getting a call soon, or not to hold my breath.

Thanks

I waited about 5 months from app to interview. I received the interview email about a week after I updated my app with an ATP (updated APP on 14 Jul, got email 24 jul) Prior to that, I just had the ATP written.

The gentleman who screens the apps said he literally has to go through thousands of APPS. He uses Airline Apps as a screening tool. I don't know what parameters he uses to look for particular candidates. I did not have any internal recs, walk-ins, or any recs on my app. If I knew what the code was, I would be sure to post it.

I interviewed successfully yesterday. Good Luck!

Just wondering what the competitive mins are for DELTA.

I've got about 5,000 total
1,000 Jet PIC
4000 part 121 time
2 letters of rec from Delta pilots
NO military time

I just submitted my app online and was trying to figure out if I should be getting a call soon, or not to hold my breath.

Thanks

They just hired a pilot from ASA with this...

1500tt
no PIC
approx 100 hours in the last year
scared to fly
"special projects person"
and had CT and BL pull strings to get him on at DAL.

Have the guys that wrote your recs both call Capt. Crabie (sp?) in the hiring department. That should get you into the short stack of -to be reviewed-applicants...

Good luck

Meet the mins and apply. You'll never know if you doesn't. It does help to know someone and you can get in the door with less time.

Lots of growth at Delta with new airlplanes and a new refreshed attitude. Delta is definietly where it is at.

I think you are in the ballpark for mins. Mil dudes seem to be around 2k (if single seat) and greater than 1500PIC. More time/ Less PIC for multiplace a/c (herc, , p-3, c17 etc.).

121 guys I interviewed with had about your times if I recall correctly.

Took 4 months to get the call for me. 6 days from email to interview.

s.

You are qualified.
If you are referring to the person who used to work in scheduling and is one of our FO's, he is qualified. They went to great lengths to make sure that he would be successful before they brought him in. It is not just your total time and PIC that makes you a good candidate here. It is the total package. If you have interviewed, worked on special projects, etc, it looks just as good if not better than a ton of CRJ time. It is like a Liberal Arts degree, you are a well diversified person, that can do more than go from point A to point B. IE long term viability. They are looking for more than just line pilots. You could see that in some of the people that they hired in my class.

Latest resources

Back