Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Competative time/experience for NetJet??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

theycallmelucy

This question/inquiry may have already been brought up, but I'm not in the mood to do a search. I'd like to know what the competitive credentials is to get your resume noticed by HR. Went to the NetJet's website, and they want an ATP Multi-Engine. How important is that, because I've got an ATP-Single (don't ask me why--I have my reasons)? The same for flight time please. Also, does anyone know whom should I address my cover letter to?
Regards.

Going2Baja said:
Why do you only have a SEL ATP?

Baja.

Now I should've known that someone on this website just couldn't resist not following directions. Shall this be a lesson learned to me for coming to flightinfo for serious inquiries?

Since you asked Baja, Part 121 ATP written expires at 24 months, unless you're currently employed with a 121 air carrier, in which case it's indefinite so long as you're still employed. Well, since I got sucked with SJS during my earlier career, "livin' the dream," the impressions of left seat was yearning. Well, now that I've been cured from SJS, I say to heck with waiting to upgrade at a regional and dealing with regional airline life, I need to pay the BILLS now. So, before making the move to send in my resignation, I spent a few days working on the ATP-SE checkride. It was quick and cheap (RJ FO pay couldn't cut the bill for the ME.) I wanted to lock in my written because it was a hassle to take initially and really had no desire to take it again. Time was not on my side. Got the certificate, sent in my resignation, now the rest is yet to come. Sure, I can dish out the $$ for the ME now that I quit for a better paying job flying a desk, but don't want to unless I really have to.

Just looking for other options in this crazy career now, and NetJet looks promising.

PS: haven't updated my aviatar, so those aren't my current creds

One thing that jumped out at me in your last post was you are currently working a desk job. Is that correct? One thing that has really become important to NJA is currency. Some guys with a tremendous amount of flight time but no currency have recently been turned away. If you aren't current or currently flying you may want to consider that playing into the equation. Best of luck to you.

Sounds like you wasted your cash on that SE ATP. Not too sure about the decision-making skills or ability to prioritize with that story. :rolleyes: Good luck with that.

Lucy,

If you've been flying a desk instead of an airplane for the past year, I'd say that your chances of landing an interview at NJA are somewhere between slim and none. Currency is a huge issue with the hiring folks at NJA. While it doesn't address currency as a stated requirement on the website, the NJA application asks for the preceding 12 month, and 6 month flight totals. If your logbook shows a goose egg for the last 12 months, and you still haven't received your ATP ME yet, they won't even send you an application.

theycallmelucy said:
Now I should've known that someone on this website just couldn't resist not following directions. Shall this be a lesson learned to me for coming to flightinfo for serious inquiries?

Since you asked Baja, Part 121 ATP written expires at 24 months, unless you're currently employed with a 121 air carrier, in which case it's indefinite so long as you're still employed. Well, since I got sucked with SJS during my earlier career, "livin' the dream," the impressions of left seat was yearning. Well, now that I've been cured from SJS, I say to heck with waiting to upgrade at a regional and dealing with regional airline life, I need to pay the BILLS now. So, before making the move to send in my resignation, I spent a few days working on the ATP-SE checkride. It was quick and cheap (RJ FO pay couldn't cut the bill for the ME.) I wanted to lock in my written because it was a hassle to take initially and really had no desire to take it again. Time was not on my side. Got the certificate, sent in my resignation, now the rest is yet to come. Sure, I can dish out the $$ for the ME now that I quit for a better paying job flying a desk, but don't want to unless I really have to.

Just looking for other options in this crazy career now, and NetJet looks promising.

PS: haven't updated my aviatar, so those aren't my current creds

Anyone that can not understand your story never made 13k a year working for the regionals. I bet you got that ATP single for about the price that it would have cost you to rent the twin for two hours. My only question is, where did you find a examiner that could do a ATP SE. I think it would be a cool add on, not many people have it! Of course this is going to be after I get my ATP AMES.

Latest resources

Back