Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Quack

Reg Dunlop
anyone know what's going on at compass? with the latest vacancy at only 162 CA and 150 FO's, that's a far cry from the 400 they told everyone during the interview. also heard that all new hires have been sent home from montreal and that the compass instructors have quit. whats going on?

RAH has it's own training dept - they don't need the other guys.

If they start furloughing they'll want them. The Left that is.

Nah. Didn't you hear? The wunderkind instructors over there in the training department are going to bust all us NWA guys if the flowback ever happens so they can protect their own. They said so... quite openly.

Might want to ask them how well that strategy worked for the Eagle instructors who found themselves out of a job after trying to pull the same stunt....

anyone know what's going on at compass? with the latest vacancy at only 162 CA and 150 FO's, that's a far cry from the 400 they told everyone during the interview. also heard that all new hires have been sent home from montreal and that the compass instructors have quit. whats going on?

I have always heard 360ish, and that includes management and such.

I guess they like staffing short and having premium trips. This is all why I say dont pick up open time especially when it is premium pay. Remember there are 1000's of furloughed pilots just looking for a job to survive. I was one at one time!

Not sure where you heard 400. I have always heard 360 and we are almost there.

As far as the Montreal thing. Let's stop the rumor here. There is an instructor shortage up there (CAE's doing). I think the issue comes down to CAE instructors transferring to other CAE locations. To deal with the shortage, the company has sent a few (6 to be exact) of the new hires that were there (myself included) home for a few weeks while they get caught up by finishing up the new hires that are still there.

I'm scheduled to go back up on the 27th to finish up. Personally, I was glad to come home for a few weeks. Nothing like a paid vacation and not having to be away from the family for four weeks straight.

Personally, I was glad to come home for a few weeks. Nothing like a paid vacation and not having to be away from the family for four weeks straight.

I didn't think they paid you while in training at Compass? Or is it they don't provide housing while in training?

Latest resources

Back