• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm certainly not in on the decision making process, but I seriously doubt we will be getting new uniforms. I think the idea behind using the same uniforms was to save money when people flow up (or down). It would be a waste of money for the company to buy new uniforms for everyone at this point.

Do you know how your non-rev status will transer to the new Delta? You guys travel on NWA as 5's and date of hire right? IE the same as a NWA new hire. Do you know if this going to transfer?

I'm certainly not in on the decision making process, but I seriously doubt we will be getting new uniforms. I think the idea behind using the same uniforms was to save money when people flow up (or down). It would be a waste of money for the company to buy new uniforms for everyone at this point.

Yeah, I tend to agree. I think with NWA transitioning away from the blue suits, there will plenty available for us to wear available at a bargain basement price. There's already markdowns over at building C.

Do you know how your non-rev status will transer to the new Delta? You guys travel on NWA as 5's and date of hire right? IE the same as a NWA new hire. Do you know if this going to transfer?

Well, we used to travel as just a "straight 5". However, after more senior Mesaba pilots were being "bumped" by Compass pilots for non-rev seats our priority was changed to 5W consistent with the other baby red tails. I'd expect that the wholly owned carriers would get some sort of slight priority travelling on-line, but who knows.

I agree, but remember that Compass Pilots didn't design the airline. The current Compass is better than the bs that NWA management was trying to shove down your throats during bk. The better of the two evils. Yet not the Compass pilot's fault. Not that it makes it any easier to swollow though.

And to the Compass guys, although its not your fault that you fly this former mainline flying, just be careful to take reactions to it with a grain of salt instead of thinking someone has it out personally for you. I know that many of you are former ATA, so I'm sure these guys know what I mean.

BTW I know that the Compass pilots uniforms were selected to look like the NWA pilots as much as possible, are you guys getting new uniforms with this merger?

Thank you for understanding this and spreading the word.

There isn't ONE pilot at Compass who likes the fact that he or she is flying a flight that should be a mainline leg.

If it weren't for the corrupt bankruptcy mess it still would be a mainline leg and both Compass pilots and Northwest pilots want it to be mainline.

Might not matter. I think the Delta Folks have to buy their own uniforms.

Might not matter. I think the Delta Folks have to buy their own uniforms.

The company paid for half of our initial uniform, anything else we buy we pay for, but if they decided to change the uniform the company would pay for it. It didn't cost anything to use the NWA uniform initially and it would have saved pilots money flowing up or flowing down. I don't think the company is interested in pilots saving money if it's going to cost the company money, which is why I don't think the uniforms will change.

I hope that makes sense.

We travel as 5W right now. Hopefully we get the same deal as Comair. They travel at the same priority as Delta pilots with DOH. We'll see.

Delta travel policy is one of the few things I'm looking forward to with the merger. Comair travel benefits are far superior to Compass benefits.

Might want to ask them how well that strategy worked for the Eagle instructors who found themselves out of a job after trying to pull the same stunt....

I don't have to ask how well the strategy worked at Eagle because it never happened. If you are competent you pass, if you you are not you are washed out of the program. There is no hidden agenda by training department instructors against any pilot.

How much do probationary Compass FO's realistically make? Do you go over your guarantee?

Also curious about Mesaba guys... anyone?

Latest resources

Back