• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

compass?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's the matter? Scared to fly for a living, mister former ATR Captain???? Last time I checked, my -9 still payed a mainline wage, unlike the "mini-bus"....

Tell your FA that you guys are the ones who voted YES to the "mini-busses" so he/she really knows the truth on why they are on property. Tool.

I interviewed and was told by HR that the interview went very well. 3 weeks went by, and I never heard anything. I made a phone call, and found out that I was hired and scheduled for class in 4 days. They've had some HR issues, give them a call.

Other than that it seems like everyone was very professional. Good company.

Has anyone who was waiting to hear from them gotten any answers yet? Been emailing and calling with no response. You would think if they didn't want me they would at least send a letter.

I know a lot of the HR people have been in Chantilly the last week for interviews. That could explain why no one is getting back to you. My only advice is to keep calling and e-mailing. Hope you hear something soon. Good luck.

Has anyone who was waiting to hear from them gotten any answers yet? Been emailing and calling with no response. You would think if they didn't want me they would at least send a letter.

I've heard it varies, but I heard back the day after the interview (offered the job).

You going to bypass your flow through to this? Cross tuning radials for step down fixes is fun, fun, fun!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Northwest-Airlines/McDonnell-Douglas-DC-9-32/1315294/M/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Aviaco/McDonnell-Douglas-DC-9-32/1310884/M/

Most of NWA's entry level fleet was flying before the engineers that put jets on a Brazillia fuselage were born. Those DC9's have more time inside the marker than most of us have total time.

Well, let's see - under the new JCBA pay rates a 12 yr DC9 Captain will make $144/hr while a CPZ 2nd yr Captain (that's all they have at the moment) is making $64/hr.

A 12 yr DC9 F/O is at $99/hr while a 2nd yr CPZ F/O is at $34.

Yeah, better bypass that flow through - don't want to fly that old rust bucket. SJS rules!

There's nothing wrong with it my friend.

But, you can back up your comment by providing 'proof' of your refusal to train for the jet and insistence that you would ONLY take a slot for the turboprop training ... when you were first hired for the job.

That is if you're an 'airline pilot'.

Well, let's see - under the new JCBA pay rates a 12 yr DC9 Captain will make $144/hr while a CPZ 2nd yr Captain (that's all they have at the moment) is making $64/hr.

A 12 yr DC9 F/O is at $99/hr while a 2nd yr CPZ F/O is at $34.

Yeah, better bypass that flow through - don't want to fly that old rust bucket. SJS rules!

Most of the people at Compass came here from less-than-desirable situations at other regionals, and should be the very first people to realize that a senior position at the most "stable" regional is still but one RFP away from elimination - and as unstable as the majors can be, a job there is still better than any job at a regional. After the first handful of management types, I doubt we'll see too many bypass the flow.

Incidentally, I've had a few NWA people speak of our admittedly too-low rates in a rather condescending fashion...which is pretty rich, because NWALPA negotiated our contract to begin with! Unlike the circumstances under which CPS was created, the loaded gun of bankruptcy was NOT to ALPA's head while negotiating the contract. Given the possibility that their junior pilots might have to fly under this contract at some point, you'd think they would've fought a little harder on it. Oh well, at least it's only effective through 2013! :puke:

how are the reserve rules?

are the trip commutable?

how many hour should one expect on reserve ? line holder ?

Reserve: 11 days off, first in/first out, 2 hour report time, 15 hour reserve availability period, released at 1800 on last day if not assigned anything, ready reserve 8 hours max no more than two pilots at a time, no long call as of now.

Commutable: Pretty much everything is commutable on at least one end, many are commutable on both. Of course, this depends where you are commuting from. The trips are comparable to other airlines I've worked for (except Southwest).

Hours: Just glancing at the lines I would say the average credit is in the mid 80s. I think reserves are flying as much as line holders right now. I guess when we are fully staffed that could change.

Latest resources

Back