• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass Uniforms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prove it to us. I mean that. Go to ALPA national and tell them as a collective group to drop the settlement of Ford-Cooksey. You get rid of that, you would have a real chance of negotiating with us to get on the list.
With that settlement there, it is not impossible, but there are a lot of road blocks to jump. There are a few pilots that wanted this settlement and will fight tooth and nail to make sure that it effects mainline. Get rid of it, and you have a better chance.
Why?
Well CPS and the E-series jets are not flown by another ALPA carrier under the DCI banner. RAH is Teamsters. That means that we can get around all of those issues and make some real progress to taking back scope. It is a great first win. The second battle is other ALPA DCI carriers. To do that will take many years and many committes one being the committee that was created from the Ford-Cooksey settlement. That is where it will probably sit and more than likely die.
Does that make sense now, from a political stand point?

Prove it to us. I mean that. Go to ALPA national and tell them as a collective group to drop the settlement of Ford-Cooksey. You get rid of that, you would have a real chance of negotiating with us to get on the list.

Personally, I'd love to believe Ford-Cooksey is what's stopping it, but I just don't think that's the case. ALPA had no foresight before Ford-Cooksey and still has none.

Personally, I'd love to believe Ford-Cooksey is what's stopping it, but I just don't think that's the case. ALPA had no foresight before Ford-Cooksey and still has none.

In that case, you don't understand the politics of Ford-Cooksey.

Compass with it already being in-house on our MEC and so closely tied is going to be a hard uphill battle to try to bring back to mainline.

The rest of the DCIs would be much much moreso of a battle. FWIW all the guys that I've talked to that are for taking the flying back would prefer to bring all branded flying back. I'm in that same boat.

Last edited:
i admit it!! I'm a top notch toolbox. It is not that we feel like we would be left out, it is in fact, that you would be leaving us out because you like their airplane better. It is the same tired old "only certain airplanes are worthy" syndrom.

Those from the outside see it. You will deny it. But it is undeniable. We have seen what selective worthiness has done to the industry. You will say that you are taking it back. But the truth is you are cherry picking the aircraft that you like better. But now you will proceed to justify it by telling me that is the only thing attainable right now and how the E-jets have the same MEC.

Well how convienient that Compass doesn't fly SF340's and share an MEC. We wouldn't here boo from you if that was the case.

You say you want all jets back? Prove it to me.

To the above in red, you're pretty tough on yourself arent you?

As for the rest of your ego post, you're a moron. I have nothing against "RJ's", I am not "selective" of aircraft either, In fact I would love to be back in the left seat of an "RJ", as long as its paid at Mainline rates.

You want it handed to you on a silver platter, nothing comes free. instead of flaming those of us on here trying to make changes, why dont you start putting effort into being part of the solution. :cool:

Last edited:
In that case, you don't understand the politics of Ford-Cooksey.

Compass with it already being in-house on our MEC and so closely tied is going to be a hard uphill battle to try to bring back to mainline.

The rest of the DCIs would be much much moreso of a battle. FWIW all the guys that I've talked to that are for taking the flying back would prefer to bring all branded flying back. I'm in that same boat.

I agree with what you're saying, I just think it'd be a battle with or without Ford-Cooksey. It seems to me the mainliners would have found some other excuse not to be one with the "RJ boys".

It will be a battle without Ford-Cooksey. Many people never take in to account the politics of ALPA national. With this settlement, if you do not take in the politics you are not understanding the situation. It is not that the settlement will stop it. It wouldn't, it is just the politics involved.

It will be a battle without Ford-Cooksey. Many people never take in to account the politics of ALPA national. With this settlement, if you do not take in the politics you are not understanding the situation. It is not that the settlement will stop it. It wouldn't, it is just the politics involved.

I agree and I think the politics and the overall lack of vision on everyone's part is the bigger issue.

The good thing is that there is new blood, and old angry blood in the ranks. It may prove to be a good mix.

Latest resources

Back