• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What difference does it make? The only thing that makes one airplane "better" than another, in my opinion, is pay. Given that definition, many Citations are "better" airplanes than CRJs, ERJs, E170s, or even B737s.

Regional Jet is a marketing term. In the true sense of the term, there really aren't "Regional Airlines" anymore, just Contract Carriers. At Compass I've seen both oceans, Mexico, and parts of Canada in the winter that I'm not still not comfortable discussing. Many other "regional" pilots can say the same thing. What "region" is that? North America?

Trying to define the distinction between "regional" and "mainline" aircraft is pointless. There are aircraft that are flown by brand name companies and there are aircraft that are flown (for less) at contract carriers. It's quite simple and not worth getting wrapped around the axle about.

This post should be mandatory reading for all 121 BI classes and a pass/fail question on the ATP written. Well articulated.

With Compass not paying for a hotel during training where/which hotels do most stay at during the month or so of training?

With Compass not paying for a hotel during training where/which hotels do most stay at during the month or so of training?
Country Inn and Suites Egan, MN is $45/night
TownePlace Suites w/ a 2 bdrm suite is $95/night

Both have shuttles to/from training center

Just like the Midatlantic flowthrough at USAir. Anything can happen. Republic bought them and screwed their pilots. It can happen at Compass too.

???? every CEL that made it to MDA had the chance to be "real" mainline. Now if your talking about the ones left at PSA/PDT who never went to MDA then that is another story.

Of the original 125 CEL's that went to MDA in the summer/fall of 2004 (before ch11 #2 and MDA stopped getting aircraft) there are about 70 left on the current mainline list.

Some left MDA and never took recall to mainline, some found better pastures while on furlough from MDA and awaiting mainline recall, some stayed at Rep j4j, a few returned to mainline and left for other gigs.

???? every CEL that made it to MDA had the chance to be "real" mainline. Now if your talking about the ones left at PSA/PDT who never went to MDA then that is another story.

Of the original 125 CEL's that went to MDA in the summer/fall of 2004 (before ch11 #2 and MDA stopped getting aircraft) there are about 70 left on the current mainline list.

Some left MDA and never took recall to mainline, some found better pastures while on furlough from MDA and awaiting mainline recall, some stayed at Rep j4j, a few returned to mainline and left for other gigs.

Facts, figures, and numbers? You can't use logic and backed-up information in a flight info conversation!!!!!!

As for CPS vs. MDA...

The uninformed like comparing the two without knowing much about either individual situation. I think many are hoping for the arrangement at Compass to fail, either to personally gain from it or to stroke an ego.

Facts, figures, and numbers? You can't use logic and backed-up information in a flight info conversation!!!!!!

As for CPS vs. MDA...

The uninformed like comparing the two without knowing much about either individual situation. I think many are hoping for the arrangement at Compass to fail, either to personally gain from it or to stroke an ego.

What if Compass were sold to an airline with a more senior pilot group? Would the senior guys in the acquiring airline then be given the flow opportunity before the guys that were on the Compass cert.?

Hi!

No. The Compass contract has conditions for the flow and pilots that are automatically enacted if they are sold, and I believe there are restrictions on the sale, also.

Do NOT know the details...

Anyone help us out here?

Thanx!

cliff
LFW

Latest resources

Back