• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass or SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He/it is a dispatcher, who comes here trolling in between WoW tourneys. You bit and took his line to the proof test limit. He/it is a semi retarded, cubicle dwelling
pogue, who is jealous that his relevance to aviation is the same as teats on a boar hog.

You are no different than your buddy Genital "lee" Warts...

You are no different than your buddy Genital "lee" Warts...
It is you and he who are alike, isn't it time for your 3 period Special Ed class?

Yes, but there is a stigma for those who don't pay union dues and yet reap the rewards of all the safety systems pushed through fruition, not to mention things like CASS and CREWPASS. And I haven't even mentioned other benefits in legal disputes with the company (ask DD about that one), a dispute resolution process that includes a neutral third party, representation before the FAA or NTSB, medical assistance, insurance benefits, collective bargaining, your own interests represented in any merger, etc. And keep in mind, that all union dues are tax deductible. To me, just the safety aspect alone is enough for me to want to contribute to that cause. But to each their own.

This is your "riding the coattails" argument right? What would you call two seperate groups of pilots who pay union dues being kept afloat for years by a group of pilots that don't pay union dues, so that they can continue to pay dues to two useless unions? Sounds like riding the coattails to me.

Or maybe we could just use transitive property? The SkyWest pilots continue to create revenue that keeps ExpressJet and ASA pilots employed. Therefore, aren't they helping to keep union dues flowing in a roundabout way?

The attrition is almost exclusively at the lower levels of the seniority list. Plenty of movement, where you can go from pure crap to just mostly crap.
When the bulk of the deliveries will be scheduled, many if not most will be replacements for the 50s. This whole scenario is time driven. Most pilots will give 2 weeks notice, while the training takes 6-8 weeks add a checkride or IOE failure and it becomes more than a nightmare, a gap, a very expensive gap, if your existing crews are at FAR maximums already. I didn't pick up flying at double time and won't at any price, just a short term enabling process. I have been watching this unfold and it is getting interesting.

If there is plenty of movement why did you say it takes "2-3 year reserve before being able to hold a line"

This is your "riding the coattails" argument right? What would you call two seperate groups of pilots who pay union dues being kept afloat for years by a group of pilots that don't pay union dues, so that they can continue to pay dues to two useless unions? Sounds like riding the coattails to me.

Or maybe we could just use transitive property? The SkyWest pilots continue to create revenue that keeps ExpressJet and ASA pilots employed. Therefore, aren't they helping to keep union dues flowing in a roundabout way?

You figured it out. This is ALPA's master plan to make Skywest airlines fund the unprofitable XJT and therefore directly bankroll their union dues! You are being trick fukked!;)

Anyway, yes. The list is very long. Things that every pilot from GA to NASA take for granted have at least some thanks due for pilot unions. Things like ALS or the basic T pattern. And even for other non-pilot airmen like yourself take advantage of things like ASAP thanks to pilot unions. That is riding coat tails. The pilots of Skywest and XJT both just do their job safely and per our FOMs. There is no difference on what we do that affects profitability. So if management hasn't been able to do their job in making both sides profitable, it does not equate to one group paying the other's wages. That is the classic correlative based fallacy.

Compass, just so you don't have to get acars messages from xpoo.

Funny you guys that make fun of the dispatchers..You guys are all the types that call your dispatcher in a panic asking for help when you dropped your keys, or your fleshlight fell out of your overnight bag on a swap...

Funny you guys that make fun of the dispatchers..You guys are all the types that call your dispatcher in a panic asking for help when you dropped your keys, or your fleshlight fell out of your overnight bag on a swap...

I don't think anyone on here has been making fun of a dispatcher because they are a dispatcher.

Can you point out where?

It appears more that people are conversing with someone who happens to be a dispatcher, and shooting down every illogical point they are trying to make.

Latest resources

Back