• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass or ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I live in Atlanta and am looking for (a) a short time on reserve, and (b) productive credit trips.

From what I've seen of commuters, I would make living in base absolutely priority #1.

Good luck.

Since I don't have any carrier landings or Apollo lunar module landings I don't think I can make it to Delta or US Airways right now; even though I'm at about 5,500 total time and 1,500 jet PIC.

some Delta newhires from SkyWest are jet FOs with no PIC turbine, not sons of executives or other favored people. give it a shot, ATL right away or in no time!

Since we are on the topic of pilots applying to regional airlines, I have a question for those who are current or former regional pilots. There are some regional airlines that are hiring now (Colgan, American Eagle, Air Wisconsin are just a few). From reading pilots who have/currently fly for these airlines, their feelings have been mixed (good, bad, and indifferent). There are pilots applying to these airlines and accepting job offers. If there's a CFI applying to a regional airline for the first time or a furloughed pilot changing airlines, and these individuals want to keep flying professionally, no matter what they hear, which regional airlines are worth flying for?

Since we are on the topic of pilots applying to regional airlines, I have a question for those who are current or former regional pilots. There are some regional airlines that are hiring now (Colgan, American Eagle, Air Wisconsin are just a few). From reading pilots who have/currently fly for these airlines, their feelings have been mixed (good, bad, and indifferent). There are pilots applying to these airlines and accepting job offers. If there's a CFI applying to a regional airline for the first time or a furloughed pilot changing airlines, and these individuals want to keep flying professionally, no matter what they hear, which regional airlines are worth flying for?

Dude.. welcome to aviation and all, but you seriously need to learn how to figure this stuff out for yourself. If you depend on people to tell you what moves to make, you'll get it wrong 100% of the time. This industry is full of people who make horrible career decisions and give narrow-minded advice. That may sound harsh, but its true.

The best move you can make is often the one nobody else is aware of.

But you can never answer this question. It all depends on the individuals preference. If you don't want to stay at a regioanl for very long, you don't go for the place that has a good qol because no one leaves. If you want to stay for a long time and value your quality of life then you obviously go for places like American Eagle and AWAC where you get paid very little but at least you fly for an established relatively stable airline and fly jet equipment.

But you can never answer this question. It all depends on the individuals preference. If you don't want to stay at a regioanl for very long, you don't go for the place that has a good qol because no one leaves. If you want to stay for a long time and value your quality of life then you obviously go for places like American Eagle and AWAC where you get paid very little but at least you fly for an established relatively stable airline and fly jet equipment.

That is some good advise right there. Many people just go to whoever hires them first. Some go for QOL. Some wait to go to the place with the quicker upgrade. It was best for ME to split the difference and go to a place that had descent QOL and was growing a lot (at the time). I don't regret my choice.

However...my buddies who chose the crappy regional are at Delta now, so YMMV

Latest resources

Back