Compass new bases after Delta NW Merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
but make less per hour than Republic.

I am on CP year 2 pay. I would make less per hour under the current RAH contract. They don't have an E-175 pay scale like APC says - it's by number of seats. Anything up to 78 seats is on the same scale as the E-170. 79 and up is on the slightly higher scale.

Compost FO's first year make LESS than than Piedmont flying Dash 8's.
For a year, then you can't compare either FO or Capt pay, not even close. If pay was so good at Piedmont, how come you chased the RJ dream?

Why should a CA not make $100 an hour fling a 76 seat RJ?
I don't think anyone is saying they shouldn't, but it is unrealistic to expect that out of a contract drafted by big brother that hasn't had a chance to be changed by the pilot group. Mainline wasn't going to create an industry leading and precedent setting payscale, they are the ones that have to pay it.

Airline pilot pay has been stagnant for MANY years, we need a raise! Your opinion on not getting a pay rise is wrong and that attitude will only hurt the industry as a whole!
How many contractual payscales have you seen change in your time? None? I know I haven't. With the exception of Compass, pretty sure I hit the same airlines as you.

It's great to get on the board and spew this ideological crap to people you don't know, but implementing it in real life takes time. Oh, and the "compost" remarks weren't funny or creative on the first page, much less this far into the thread.

Last edited:
For a year, then you can't compare either FO or Capt pay, not even close. If pay was so good at Piedmont, how come you chased the RJ dream?

I don't think anyone is saying they shouldn't, but it is unrealistic to expect that out of a contract drafted by big brother that hasn't had a chance to be changed by the pilot group. Mainline wasn't going to create an industry leading and precedent setting payscale, they are the ones that have to pay it.

How many contractual payscales have you seen change in your time? None? I know I haven't. With the exception of Compass, pretty sure I hit the same airlines as you.

It's great to get on the board and spew this ideological crap to people you don't know, but implementing it in real life takes time. Oh, and the "compost" remarks weren't funny or creative on the first page, much less this far into the thread.

How many FO's do you have on First year pay? ALL so yes pay is pay.
I left PDT to make more money, when I was at PDT it was looking like I would be a 6 yr FO, so I looked at where would I like to be a 6yr FO, now looking back, if I would have stayed at PDT I would be a Captain, do I regret it, no, because I can not look back and say "knowing what I know now". I made a decision and I have to live with these decisions.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure you left Piedmont for a six year FO position. You were chasing the upgrade and it didn't work out; get real!!

If you want to talk FO rates look at second year pay at Compass and compare that to the rest of the "bottom" feeders. It might not be the top but I bet it's close to your current FO wage, at your carrier, for your longevity.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure you left Piedmont for a six year FO position. You were chasing the upgrade and it didn't work out; get real!!

If you want to talk FO rates look at second year pay at Compass and compare that to the rest of the "bottom" feeders. It might not be the top but I bet it's close to your current FO wage, at your carrier, for your longevity.

I would expect 2yr FO rates to me more than 2 yr Compost rates, your flying a BIGGER plane!

Again please...this time in english? You do know this site has an edit function and if you screw up a post, you can correct it so people can understand you?

If it looks fine to you then nevermind that is a different thread...

Mav204 I wish you would bring all of your knowledge and wit to "COMPOST". We sure could use someone as smart and experienced as you are. I'm sure you could fix all of our problems in a few weeks right?

Last edited:
Boy this thread sure did take-off on a different road.

How about we just pull for the folks at Compass. They have a merger to deal with and you never know what could happen.

I wish the best for you folks.

Boy this thread sure did take-off on a different road.

How about we just pull for the folks at Compass. They have a merger to deal with and you never know what could happen.

I wish the best for you folks.

What merger do they have to deal with?:confused:

Not really. I know you are looking at pay scales but.....the other commuters that have been around for a long time ....like Comair...don't have 1-3 year captains like Compass. Thier Captains make a good bit more than yours. Pilots look at each other's scales to compare and honestly there is not much more they can do for just straight pay. Management looks at avg years of service for each seat AND pay rates. This is what they care about. Which is why they fight tooth and nail during contracts...we get kind of close to what we want.....the ta barely passes.....then managment walks away laughing. They know that before you get to those nice 12-15 year scales....they will do to you what they are doing to higher payroll cost senoir regionals like Comair. They follow this patern everywhere without exception. Just when you feel that its good income and sched. they tear your airline apart.

You are right. I was just looking at the first three years pay since that is all Compass has. It was pretty unscientific.

Thanks for the sentiment WSurf. I'm tired of this thread.

I suspect that when all the Compass seats are occupied by NW/DL furloughees in a year or two, the contract will get fixed pronto.

Latest resources

Back