• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass Lav Fire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And then he calls me a jerk and says the last guy who thought he was a jerk was dead now. So I don't say nothin' and he says, "What do ya think about that?" So I says, "Well, that don't sound like too good a deal for him then."

:D

Classic.
One of my favorite movies.

Has the aircraft been released yet? Last I heard was that the NTSB and the FBI had not released it due to the fire starting near the paper towel rack. They are both treating this as an intentional fire.

KSTP just put on some dip$%^& started the fire in the lav intentionally:mad: . Should have jetisoned him! I hope he goes up on attempted murder charges. I am sure his pets would'nt mind if you get my drift.

Here is KARE11 quote.

FBI agents have arrested a 19-year-old Woodbury man who allegedly set a fire in the restroom of a Compass Airlines flight.

The FBI says Eder H. Rojas was arrested Wednesday evening in Minneapolis. He was charged Thursday morning in federal court in Fargo, North Dakota. The U.S. attorney's office for North Dakota will prosecute the case.

The Compass Airlines flight was on its way from Minneapolis-St. Paul to Regina, Saskatchewan, the night of May 7 when the smoky fire forced the crew to land in Fargo instead. Many of the 59 passengers had to spend the night in the Fargo airport.

Compass is a subsidiary of Northwest Airlines.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Turns out it's the FA...

Flight attendant accused of setting fire on plane

May 7 incident caused by upset crew member forced emergency landing

FARGO, N.D. - A 19-year-old flight attendant has been accused of setting a fire aboard a commercial airplane that was forced to make an emergency landing in Fargo, N.D.

Eder Rojas was charged Thursday in federal court in Minneapolis. The case will be prosecuted in Fargo.

Officials say the Compass Airlines flight from Minneapolis to Saskatchewan landed safely in Fargo on May 7, after smoke begin to fill the back of the plane.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

Court documents say Rojas, of Woodbury, Minn., told authorities he was upset at the airline for making him work that route.

(Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)

Strangely enough I believe he was an FA on the first Compass lav incident. I've flown with this guy I would have never imagined. Wow.

Strangely enough I believe he was an FA on the first Compass lav incident. I've flown with this guy I would have never imagined. Wow.

I heard the same thing about this FA the other day....that he was also the FA on the first lav fire at Compass. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Coincidence?

Exactly. I suggest that Compass present a bill to the smoker for...

Cost of emergency response team at the airport
Cost of fuel and expenses for flight to take people from diverted airport to destination.
Additional labor costs for flight crew.
Cost of replacement of expended items on aircraft.

Its time that we make these people responsible for their actions!
Was'nt a smoker stupid!

Have Canada overnights really gotten that bad that you are willing to set fire to the airplane to try to keep from going there?

I know the exchange rate sucks but seriously...
I was about to pick up a premium YUL turn... I need to know these things first.

Latest resources

Back