• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass Lav Fire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Damn, this reminds me of the classic "LAV 2 OVHT" flight attendant prank. You know, the one where you call the FA and say you've got a warning message and you may have to have her help out in a few minutes....then call back in a few minutes and tell her you are getting a LAV 2 OVHT warning, and the checklist calls for her to dump two cups of ice in the lav every 15 minutes until landing. Oh, and don't worry, we'll monitor the temperature from up here. LOL.
I'm familiar with that one; reminds me of an amusing twist I heard about once. Supposedly, one crew had their FA going all day long with this one, but never bothered to debrief her. So they're long gone while she's finishing cleaning up including dumping that final bag of ice down the lav, when a local mechanic sees her and wants to know what the he!! she's doing. So she tells him, and it turns out he not only personally knows the two pilots, but also knows the base chief pilot! (You can see where this is going). So after a fun phone call, the two pilots get called in to do the carpet dance. They're told he knows what happened, and that the lav motor burned up and it cost $10,000. Their choice, either they can resign or go for the payroll deduction. After a brief discussion, they decide to go for the payroll deal, at which point the chief busts out laughing! So be careful who you mess with!!!

I'm familiar with that one; reminds me of an amusing twist I heard about once. Supposedly, one crew had their FA going all day long with this one, but never bothered to debrief her. So they're long gone while she's finishing cleaning up including dumping that final bag of ice down the lav, when a local mechanic sees her and wants to know what the he!! she's doing. So she tells him, and it turns out he not only personally knows the two pilots, but also knows the base chief pilot! (You can see where this is going). So after a fun phone call, the two pilots get called in to do the carpet dance. They're told he knows what happened, and that the lav motor burned up and it cost $10,000. Their choice, either they can resign or go for the payroll deduction. After a brief discussion, they decide to go for the payroll deal, at which point the chief busts out laughing! So be careful who you mess with!!!

Oh damn that is good. Haha.

well it was probably caused by compass not knowing how to fly it correctly because those planes belong to RAH and add a staple to that list.

flamebaiter

Cant you do better?

well it was probably caused by compass not knowing how to fly it correctly because those planes belong to RAH and add a staple to that list.

And then he calls me a jerk and says the last guy who thought he was a jerk was dead now. So I don't say nothin' and he says, "What do ya think about that?" So I says, "Well, that don't sound like too good a deal for him then."

:D

I'm sure it couldn't possibly have involved a smoker... :rolleyes:

Exactly. I suggest that Compass present a bill to the smoker for...

Cost of emergency response team at the airport
Cost of fuel and expenses for flight to take people from diverted airport to destination.
Additional labor costs for flight crew.
Cost of replacement of expended items on aircraft.

Its time that we make these people responsible for their actions!

Exactly. I suggest that Compass present a bill to the smoker for...

Cost of emergency response team at the airport
Cost of fuel and expenses for flight to take people from diverted airport to destination.
Additional labor costs for flight crew.
Cost of replacement of expended items on aircraft.

Its time that we make these people responsible for their actions!

I'll add a one...

Cost of a full page ad in the USAToday explaining the costs associated with smoking on an airplane.

Damn, this reminds me of the classic "LAV 2 OVHT" flight attendant prank. You know, the one where you call the FA and say you've got a warning message and you may have to have her help out in a few minutes....then call back in a few minutes and tell her you are getting a LAV 2 OVHT warning, and the checklist calls for her to dump two cups of ice in the lav every 15 minutes until landing. Oh, and don't worry, we'll monitor the temperature from up here. LOL.

A prank involving an overheat/fire situation.

Definitely a classic.

Latest resources

Back