Compass Lav Fire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Steveair

FARGO - A Compass Airlines flight landed in Fargo after a fire was reported in a restroom. No one was hurt.

Passengers said it was a scary ordeal and credited two flight attendants with quickly extinguishing the fire and getting passengers into the first-class section of the plane where the smoke was not as heavy.

"I fell asleep and I woke up to beeping, and when I turned around, the attendants were battling a fire," said passenger Meagan Brown, who was flying home to Regina. "It was scary."

The plane landed at the Fargo airport about 11 p.m., Wednesday without incident, airport director Shawn Dobberstein said. Passengers were questioned by police and the FBI. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Compass is a subsidiary of Northwest Airlines. Northwest issued a statement Thursday saying Compass Flight 2040, an Embrear 175 from Minneapolis to Regina with 69 passengers, had diverted to Fargo due to a reported fire in the lavoratory. It did not say what caused the fire.

"Emergency crews met the flight upon landing and the aircraft was taken out of service. No passengers or crew were injured," the statement said.

Dobberstein said the plane was still in Fargo on Thursday morning.

"The aircraft is being held in Fargo here until it's released," he said

Darn, I knew I shouldn't have orderd the red sauce and jalapenos on my burrito....

Damn, this reminds me of the classic "LAV 2 OVHT" flight attendant prank. You know, the one where you call the FA and say you've got a warning message and you may have to have her help out in a few minutes....then call back in a few minutes and tell her you are getting a LAV 2 OVHT warning, and the checklist calls for her to dump two cups of ice in the lav every 15 minutes until landing. Oh, and don't worry, we'll monitor the temperature from up here. LOL.

Wow, I was taking 1989 out to Kalispell, 2040 was right behind me, heard em on freq. Must've been on next sector when it happened. Heard it was 8 mins from first indication of fire to touchdown. Great job guys!

I guess nicotine is addictive. Some moron was willing to put himself and a plane load of passengers at risk for a quick fix...I don't think Heroin is that addictive. If they find out who did it they should be punished to the fullest extend of the law.

Just make him pay full retail for the fuel; that'll probably be more than the fine! ($7.99 a gallon at Signature MSP as of a couple weeks ago... ouch.)

well it was probably caused by compass not knowing how to fly it correctly because those planes belong to RAH and add a staple to that list.

Latest resources

Back