• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass cancer growing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does NWA do AUS anymore? They used to be there in the 9 everyday and all i have seen lately is the 900 and the 175?

Occam's Razor..are Compass pilots now viewed as people stealing flying away from NWA and be viewed as the red headed step children?

Occam's Razor..are Compass pilots now viewed as people stealing flying away from NWA and be viewed as the red headed step children?

The pilots are viewed as pilots. Spoiler Alert! (They are)

Their management, along with ours, are viewed as amoral weasels who'd slit a baby's throat to get to the tasty liver.

Get it?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I get it. Just curious how you guys are viewing them.

I got a little crap from an NWA Captain while jump seating but he was just busting my chops. He made me feel at home, gave some important Captain advice (don't EVER taxi fast, we don't get paid enough anyway), and fed me breakfast. I don't know if anyone else has had problems but every NWA guy I've spoken with has been nothing but friendly. Of course I was at Comair before Compass so I can swap bankruptcy notes, always a good way to encourage camaraderie.

Very sad and I feel bad to see what continues to happen at NWA, but it is far from unexpected. Your airline starts another alter ego airline and you are surprised when they start to infringe on the mainline flying? The downward spiral continues.

Good Luck.:(

Most likely a one off deal or a screw up during sch change. Not the first time this stuff has happened as about 18 yrs ago I showed up at a layover staion and a Metro was there to take me back to DTW.

Lately Compass has been flying NWA routes with NWA flight numbers.

A DC9 crew showed up at their gate only to find that a Compass aircraft was flying their flight, and Dispatch never told crew scheduling about the change.
Read on:
What?..How is this a dispatch problem?..

What?..How is this a dispatch problem?..

The "Planner" occupies a cubicle at one end of the NWA Systems Operation Center in MSP. Dispatch occupies the rest of the large room. The Planner is "they" as in...

"They gave a a plane-change in MEM."

"They want us to fly it with this MEL so it can be fixed in DCA overnight"

"They told us to hold at the gate for runners. We're the last flight to DEN"

"They found us a spare! You'll make your commuter flight home!"

The Planner also handles Compass flights.

One of 'em screwed up.

Latest resources

Back