• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass Airlines Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone give some info about the contract over there? Is there one? What kind of rules, days off, etc? Thanks!

Several guys on another forum have been saying that they've continued to receive only FO pay even after flying from the left seat. If true, that's obviously a big, big problem. I dunno why this company is begging for a militant union right off the bat.

The most senior number in the 9/28 class is 113...the last two classes only had 5 people show up each.

I expect atleast 1 per class wont return in 30 days. most people are not quitting their old jobs when they go for the 1st day in MSP. They go to see what they can expect. I was 102 on 9/7 pretty sure when I go back next week ill be in the mid to high 90's

My two concerns would be:
1. If their is a up flow program with NWA mainline is there also a down flow program. If DC9's and some more 319's are parked would I get displaced? I'm sure I would.
2. Why is their no Mainline management involved with Compus? Its all be handed over to former Independence management(some of the greatest people I've ever met in the industry). Something just doesn't smell right. Remember NWA mainline pilots said they would strike if a new-co was started by mainline. That was berried by senior guys selling out younger guys over the whole pension program. I would just hate to see someone get pushed down the list by a flow down program then 2-3 years later be sold to Masa and put at the bottom of their list. Its happened. US Air and its new-co Republic. Just keep your eyes open guy!

Yes their is a flow down but the industry is on the upswing right now. I am a former Independence pilot, Now that was a flow down!!
I dont think NWA is going to do a massive retirement of airplanes. I believe that as people move up on the list and senior folks retire they will start to park airplanes.
I know almost all of the former ACA/IDE guys who are actively involved in the management of Compass, and I have no hard feelings about any of them.
I always go into things with my eyes open. I still believe that IDE had a chance but was mismanaged into the ground, I tend to be an optimist. I think a lot of the problems that people are experiencing now are growing problems with a new company. Their are bound to be glitches when a new company starts.
I am very fond of my association with ACA/IDE folks, and it was good to see a few of them up in MSP. You are very right they are some of the finest people I have known in the industry. You can't judge the whole company based on the four or five at the very top who drove it into the ground, none of which are at Compass.

Latest resources

Back