Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Company needs living, breathing chartholders!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Knob

Metroliner III first officer
On demand cargo operation (Nationwide). This NO SALARY position is available to short time pilots who have a desire to build time in a twin turbine aircraft.
Minimum requirements are the possesion of a FAA commercial multi-engine/IFR rated pilot license and a second class medical certificate. Previous turbine experience is desireable but not required.

The way the regionals are going, this could be the new minimums.

Last edited:
Knob said:
Metroliner III first officer
On demand cargo operation (Nationwide). This NO SALARY position is available to short time pilots who have a desire to build time in a twin turbine aircraft.
Minimum requirements are the possesion of a FAA commercial multi-engine/IFR rated pilot license and a second class medical certificate. Previous turbine experience is desireable but not required.

The way the regionals are going, this could be the new minimums.

Any contact info? If we all spam them with bogus resume' maybe they'll get a clue

whats the QOL? Well at least they aren' t asking you to pay

I think anyone who thinks that is a good deal should absolutely drop everything and go for it. It takes a special kind of idiot to actually think that is any sort of opportunity . Uprooting your life to go chasing after a "job" (if you can call it that) that is probably your worst nightmare, (pos airplanes, 3 AM phone calls, on the road all the time) yes your typical 135 job but could you actually put up with those conditions if you weren't even getting paid? I don't even know anyone who has the resources to support themselves long term while working for free, and what do you do when you've exhausted your resources and for some reason you can't get another job? I would really like to hear from anyone seriously considering this, not to bash but just out of sheer curiosity. I would like to know what your personal/financial circumstances are, your long term career goals, and what exactly you think you'd be gaining by doing this. Any takers?

No salary=possible hourly wage? Or just logging time?

I currently am riding along on freight routes to build time (on the 91 legs), does this make me unworthy? (no pay) At least they are not asking for money to PFT. If one wants to make the sacrifice to build time, it doesn't seem that bad to me (without mandatory commitments of course)

moving2vegas said:
fax (605) 373-9595

I suggest every single person on this board send a fax telling them to suck it.
Be careful what you do here. My brother had to pay out on a civil judgement because he faxed an advertisement for his buisness to people.

If you spam or harass through a fax machine, you can find yourself in jeopardy of federal prosecution as well. Something about phone lines and interstate commerce makes it their territory.

Not to mention, there's the RICO law thingy to contend with.

In order for this guy to get a civil judgement under RICO, all he has to prove is that there a crime and that phone lines were used as a means of "extortion".

If you feel froggy, I'd say leap and see what happens.

handlesaregay said:
I think anyone who thinks that is a good deal should absolutely drop everything and go for it. It takes a special kind of idiot to actually think that is any sort of opportunity . Uprooting your life to go chasing after a "job" (if you can call it that) that is probably your worst nightmare, (pos airplanes, 3 AM phone calls, on the road all the time) yes your typical 135 job but could you actually put up with those conditions if you weren't even getting paid? I don't even know anyone who has the resources to support themselves long term while working for free, and what do you do when you've exhausted your resources and for some reason you can't get another job? I would really like to hear from anyone seriously considering this, not to bash but just out of sheer curiosity. I would like to know what your personal/financial circumstances are, your long term career goals, and what exactly you think you'd be gaining by doing this. Any takers?

OK... I'll bite... I'll answer why a pilot may want to do this to himself or herself. By the way... I would not... I build my time as a CFI, CII, MEI and I do not subscribe to pay for training or working for free, but I think I know why people do it.

A pilot finally gets his or her Multi Commercial Instrument and by this time has invested about $40-50 grand into this career. His or her total time is hovering around 350 TT with maybe 40 multi hours. They are out of $$$. The pilot wants to fly for the airlines and most regional's mins are 1,000 TT / 100 multi... HMMMM how to get from 350 to 1,000. The pilot does not want to pay $$$$ out the butt anymore and comes across a deal like the one posted here. The reality for this pilot is that building Multi turnbine time by working for free is a lot more economical than paying $250.00 per hour in the local flying clubs multi. The reality is that these days it costs soooo much to build multi time...there are a lot of desparate pilots who want to get there career off the ground that this type of thing unfortunately is appealing

...and to follow up on what Bernoulli stated above:

If you are a TFK, then you'll jump on this gig and your QOL will be just fine.

Tfk???

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back