• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Commuting at southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I figured that or else you commuted through the MATRIX.... :) I was thinking MDW would be the easiest commute with ORD as a backup. Never commuted before so i'm sure it will be an experience. Fun times ahead. It there much of a difference between having a crash pad and just using hotels? One good thing about commuting between 2 big cities..Lots of flights!!

All,

I have commuted to MDW for a LONG time.

The crashpads are plentiful. The advantage is it's a 10 - 15 minute walk from the lounge to most crashpads. Though even that seems long in the winter! There's no worry about transportation or hotels filling up. Most of them are pretty clean and include cable/internet. Usually 2-4 to a room with your own bed. I rarely share my room.

The hotels are a pretty good deal as well. I think the Holiday Inn is about $75 out the door (brand new hotel). Right now they are always available, however I did the hotels several years back and they were filling up occasionally.

Overall a great base with good people and great Chief Pilots. Looking forward to putting this behind us and kicking some butt.

My personal feeling is this passes by 70-80%.

Latest resources

Back