Commuting and State Income Tax

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mavdog said:
Well that blows, they're probably just feeding me a line of BS and just don't want to deal with it.

Yeah, they won't do that at QX because they just don't know what they are doing. I live in AZ and we fly in AZ but they said since its contract flying it won't work. If you work for Alaska Airlines they have no problem taking state takes out of another state. And yet we are all the same company, go figure.

EngineOut said:
I've been hired by a regional and I've moved to Oregon. My domicile isn't going to be in Oregon.

To which state do I pay income tax? The one where I am domiciled, where I live, or where the company is based?

Thanks.
Why did you move to Oregon if you're not going to be based there? If for some reason you did get the PDX base, You will avoid the Oregon state tax and you possible avoide the WA sales tax if you're from a state that's on the WA "no sales tax" list if you move to Vancouver across the river like the rest of us.

You can't tell people that you were hired by QX? They won't fire you.

QXpeon said:
Why did you move to Oregon if you're not going to be based there? If for some reason you did get the PDX base, You will avoid the Oregon state tax and you possible avoide the WA sales tax if you're from a state that's on the WA "no sales tax" list if you move to Vancouver across the river like the rest of us.

You can't tell people that you were hired by QX? They won't fire you.

SkyWest CRJ -- No PDX base :(

Latest resources

Back