Commuter Question ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take the next flight. Simple as that.
Amazing how people pay $0.00 for their "ticket" and complain when they don't get on.

Let us not forget that non-reving/JS-ing is a BENEFIT negotiated in our contracts just like pay/vacation/work rules/etc. We do not pay $0.00 for our ticket, we pay for it every time we go to work.

mnboyev,

Yeah, that really blows. Totally agree. BUT! Whats the point of posting anythying here? You could look at the release or go into FTWEB and find out who the Captain was. Then you could write a nice note expressing your displeasure and put it in his V-file. Maybe he had a reason? Who knows? Ask him.

I'm gonna guess his reason was he didn't want to lose that minute or two of pay if he would have opened the door. This has happened to me before at Airtran, I think it sucks. Guys here care more about 5 or 6 minutes of door close time than getting a fellow pilot commuter home. It's sad but the way the majority of people do it here. That will not be the case when I have 4 stripes. If we haven't pushed back I'd let a commuter or holy crap another passenger on board. That is the business we are in.
This is the 1st airline Ive seen where this happens. But a few Captains have told me the company backs the agent over them in situations such as this. Again I think it sucks you were left at the gate, but it probably won't be the last time. Not that I would like to be paid when the wheels moved, but I wonder if it would change anything in this regard?

I know exactly who it was ... I will confront him face to face... Pro standards will be called... nuf said .. However, nothing will happen given the individual..

this is unsat... The company doesnt care as long as you are on time... and not disrupting the safety of the flight... Cmon...

This is the first time I have been left at the gate..ever... still unbelievable to me... arrrghhh..

Merry Xmas too all ... and to all a good nite.

So now the Captain has to stop everything, have the jetway pulled up, open the door, let people on, get them seated and stowed, rework the W&B. etc, etc.
So he does all that, gets ready to push again, and now more people come. Does he do it again? When does it stop? The airlines all generally follow the same rule. The flight has departed when the door is closed, and the door closes 10 prior. You got there after the door was closed. Take the next flight.

I know exactly who it was ... I will confront him face to face... Pro standards will be called... nuf said

And do what? All you will accomplish with that is animosity, resentment and perhaps even make it more dificult for the next guy. I know it is hard but the best course of action here is to just "let it go"

Let us not forget that non-reving/JS-ing is a BENEFIT negotiated in our contracts just like pay/vacation/work rules/etc. We do not pay $0.00 for our ticket, we pay for it every time we go to work.

Unless you work for ASA or another DCI carrier, then you have to pay as you say above and you have to pay to access travel net, and you have to pay to book the reservation, and you have to pay a penny a mile, and you have to pay international taxes and fees, and you have to pay.............

Wow..... I guess I am really out of line... what was I thinking... why would we ever want to help out a fellow company line pilot.... never mind..... I guess we were crazy for thinking that he could put us on... your right.... where was my head at...

Unsat.. WB, jetway... all bad excuses... all could be done with the door closed and paperwork handed out the window......... Ive done it for fellow commuting pilots... hell done it for last minute pax on the last flight of the nite.... I dont buy it. Weener move in my humble opinion.

Latest resources

Back