CommutAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowlycfi

Anyone who flies for CommutAir know what the hiring situation is there? Any plans to start interviewing in the near future? Thanks for the info.

Thats funny when I worked there 6 years ago the same exact rumor was going around. I guess things haven't changed much there. But this time it is for real right???
LOL

Wouldn't put much stock in CommutAir being around much longer in recognizable form. I left not too long ago with news of a December 30th announcement looming of new financing and a new cost plus contract with Continental for Saabs out of Cleveland. According to friends still there deal got delayed. And a week later it totally fell through and news was that Raytheon was fed up with the default on the lease payments for the 1900s. Apparently they came within a day or two of having the planes repossesed before Raytheon gave them until sometime in February. And news from The Business Review of Albany had this to say the other day:

"...CommutAir owes the Albany County Airport Authority about $1 million."

Hard to figure out how a company with a cost plus contract in Cleveland and EAS contracts out of Boston can't pay its bills.

Too bad though, good group of people over there. I just don't hold out hope for a bright future.

Regarding that story about commutair owning Albany airport all that money, is there a link to that article? I'd be interested in reading that.

Latest resources

Back