• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CommutAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That article's so full of factual errors about the airline, I wouldn't put much stock in anything it says:

At its peak, CommutAir... used a gate and maintained a pilots' waiting room at the airport.

Actually, we were the exclusive tenants of three gates.

But the cost of fuel went up, the small airline's Cessna's were not competitive and the airline refinanced...

"The small airline" does not operate Cessnas, and never has. And the misplaced apostrophe is really bad grammar for a "Business Journal."

I don't doubt that we owe the airport money, but I'm real suspicious of the specifics, based on the other stuff in this article.

CA1900 said:
That article's so full of factual errors about the airline, I wouldn't put much stock in anything it says:

At its peak, CommutAir... used a gate and maintained a pilots' waiting room at the airport.

Actually, we were the exclusive tenants of three gates.

But the cost of fuel went up, the small airline's Cessna's were not competitive and the airline refinanced...

"The small airline" does not operate Cessnas, and never has. And the misplaced apostrophe is really bad grammar for a "Business Journal."

I don't doubt that we owe the airport money, but I'm real suspicious of the specifics, based on the other stuff in this article.

Actually, they owned several cessna's. A cessna 425, two citations, and a 172 all personal toys of management

AutoBus said:
Actually, they owned several cessna's. A cessna 425, two citations, and a 172 all personal toys of management
HA! I forgot about the owners' toys -- they were filling one of them up from the airline's Jet-A truck the day the furlough announcement went out in mid-2001. (The one that mentioned their cash-flow problems. Grrr.) I guess I didn't think of those as operated by "the airline." You know, since we're all employee-stockholders and all. :puke:

Machdog1 said:
Thats funny when I worked there 6 years ago the same exact rumor was going around. I guess things haven't changed much there. But this time it is for real right???
LOL

ahh memories...

lowlycfi said:
Anyone who flies for CommutAir know what the hiring situation is there? Any plans to start interviewing in the near future? Thanks for the info.

A follow-up to your original question: The company's gearing up for a new-hire class in the near future, and has asked company pilots to forward resumes from people we know well and would recommend. So if you're close with a CommutAir pilot and want to work here, now's the time to call in that favor.

beech1900kid said:
just curious what happened with lease payments to Raytheon...

It had us nervous for a bit, but it looks like we got financing from Laurus Funds to the tune of $37 million. So maybe, just maybe, we'll actually see something bigger.

But I'll say here what I say to the guys I fly with: Don't make any career plans based on airplanes we might get. We're a 1900 operator until a new airplane is parked on the ramp.

When another type shows up, painted in another airline's colors with the logos peeled off, then we'll know it's ours. You know, something like this. :D

CA1900 said:
When another type shows up, painted in another airline's colors with the logos peeled off, then we'll know it's ours. You know, something like this. :D

ROFL. Pretty sure PDT is getting the parked 100s to replace the mighty deuce; trust me- you don't want 'em. Get the 300s- lots of fun, two packs, quiet and easiest landing model we fly. Great little FMS, rooooooooomy cockpit, FA can hide in the galley... Configured 1050/15 it lands like a slowtation.

I wish we could fly the 400. If the progression between models is the same, it has to be a riot to drive.

lowlycfi said:
Anyone who flies for CommutAir know what the hiring situation is there? Any plans to start interviewing in the near future? Thanks for the info.
Looks like there should be a newhire class in May. If everything goes the way it's supposed to....and that's a big IF.........there should be a lot of hiring in the coming months.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back