• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

commutair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, sad pay rates... but its only a 1900 so its probably about right! Its just that the work rules there kinda stink!! Fun place to work however, atleast it was back in the late 90's when the majors were hiring!!!!

Fozzy said:
Ha that is funny. Basically same scale from 98 (and before).

Yup, pretty much the same. The FOs get $18 an hour now instead of $16 (after 90 days, anyway), and the annual payraise for captains went from $1/hr/yr to $1.20. It stays comfortably behind the inflation rate. Grrr.

When was the last profit share??? I think the last one I saw was in 1999.
Last one was in mid-2000, I believe. The end of that year, we started service for Continental, and man, it wasn't pretty. We all had the numbers for "0, 0, and 3200" memorized, for easy weight & balance. We were flying empty airplanes all around New England. It was amazing.

They should say the minimums are "applicant has pulse".
LOL, believe it or not, those hourly minimums actually got in the way. As part of being allowed into CLE without a fight, we agreed to hire Continental Express's furloughees until they were recalled, if they wanted to come. Some of the folks only had 500 hours, and thus weren't hired because they didn't meet our minimums. But they were fine for the RJ. Things that make you go hmmm....

Just wish the owners went to jail.
Don't tease. :uzi:

Mid 2000, man I must have missed that one. But when you get an extra $25 it is easy to miss. I have heard all the old guard is leaving. VC is gone. But I bet Joel and Terry are still there making life hell on the people that matter. What a group of misfits.
Well sir, it sounds like you have been there before me and are still in the nightmare. Time to bail! You have a lot of guys out here that have been there that I am sure would help. Good luck.

Fozzy said:
VC is gone. But I bet Joel and Terry are still there making life hell on the people that matter. What a group of misfits.

Truer words were never spoken.

Well sir, it sounds like you have been there before me and are still in the nightmare. Time to bail!

Believe me, I'm trying! The job prospects have gotten a little better; hopefully something opens up. I hadn't intended this to be a career destination, believe me. (And judging by the payscale, neither did the company... :D )

Latest resources

Back