Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
my understanding...

From the rumors ive heard:
Were supposed to have a new hire class every month with an airplane added to the class basically...So ive heard ??

For those of you who are pushed back from an interview, be patient and im sure you'll get called for the next class!

Fly safe!
:D

fax # and contact person

Hello superD, do you have a current fax # and a contact person for pilot recruitment? What is the interview process like, any sim ride and or test and do you like working there?

Thanks for your response and safe flying to all.

Dogfighter,

I don't have a fax # handy, maybe another CommutAirsman can chime in and give it. If you want to mail a resume here, try this:

CommutAir
Attn: Henry Wurster, Chief Pilot
518 Rugar St.
Plattsburgh, NY 12901

There is no sim ride for the interview. It will be a face-to-face with probably the CP and a few other people, a regs test, and a psych test. At least this is what we did when we were hiring last year. They may have changed it though.

SuperD

I am going to be in that March 25th class. Nice to be coming back after too long of a wait. I attended 1900 ground school at another carrier after the furlough and before 9/11 and I'll tell you, they left a lot to be desired compared to Commutair. Can't wait to get back!

HEY NE DUDE

Hey NEDUDE

Just curious, were you JUST interviewed for the class or have you been waiting for a while?? Also, if you were just interviewed, could you update the gouge? The last one is from 2001 and a little outdated. If you do and I get hired I'll buy the first round. snine3departure would probably appreciate too!!

I was a Commutair pilot who was furloughed back in August. Get to go back for the March 25th class. No recent interview experience. But if it was like it was a year ago, it was fairly straight forward. Reg test, a computer eval (like a pyschological, skills type of test) and an interview with the CP and some others. They treat you well and are genuinely nice people. No games, intimidation or any other weird stuff like at other carriers.

Basically my interview experience from start to finish was great. And I do mean the very start. The Commutair crew I rode to the interview with, when they found out I was headed for the interview, had me come up and sit in the cockpit while we were on the ground in ALB. On the way home had a long layover in ALB again and the crew (a different one) convinced the gate agent to let me hang out in the crew lounge for a few hours.

It may not be RJs and "glamour" , but I had fun when I was there and like I said, I can't wait to get back.

Jaymac, good luck when the interview comes. Hopefully I'll see you on the line soon.

Happened to me too...

Hello all,

Well, at least it wasn't just me! I got the same call, interviewing for the May 13th class - expect a call some time in April. Argh. Ah, well. More of chance for me to study up on things!

Take care,
-brew3

Hang in there, we're losing guys left and right to mainly Airtran, Execjet or other Regionals..(myself to Comair..Stoked!!)
Commutair is a great company to gain a ton of quality experience.
( we just hand flew an approach to 100' above touchdown in 1800RVR last week...good times!!)
They are gaining A/C and destinations. Its just a big clusterf^&& now because evcerything is happening so fast up in the Burgh.

Commutair

Thanks for all the info guys (NEDude, CRJFlyer and others). I am studying my a$$ off for the ATP hoping to get the call in April.....

Thanks again

jaymac

Latest resources

Back