• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CommutAir New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I get the impression that "Ace" is very out of the loop when it comes to the state of the industry.

Cape Air is a 135 company that requires an ATP, and is not interviewing right now.

Don't know anything about Chalks other than they fly out of Miami and it is almost all day VFR.

I know several guys who are currently working at 121 carriers, both here and other places, that were trying like crazy to get an interview with Comair, Skywest or ACA in the past year or so, and none have gotten called.

The fact is there are very few, if any, 121 airlines out there hiring fairly low time pilots who have no 121/135 experience. Commutair is a growing airline that treats its employees good (a subjective opinion I know), has a well run operation and very good training. For a young/low-time pilot looking to start an airline career, Commutair is a very good choice. Sure you don't get the "glamour" of flying an RJ, but then again many people don't view flying an RJ as glamourous.

NEDude said:
Commutair is a growing airline that treats its employees good (a subjective opinion I know), has a well run operation and very good training. Sure you don't get the "glamour" of flying an RJ, but then again many people don't view flying an RJ as glamourous.

I will second that opinion! I've been with Commutair just a short time now, and while the pay leaves a bit to be desired, the people I fly with and work with couldn't be nicer! The training program was outstanding, and Commutair's B-1900's are well-maintained! The pride Commutair has in its operation is evident! Think of it what you will, ACE, but I bet you'd be impressed if you came on property sometime! I certainly was! Most everyone has a good attitude, and that says a lot in today's market.
I can tell you I'd rather be here than ACA, Chautauqua, Comair, or any of those right now! I'm less than five weeks out of ground school and flying the monthly guarantee with minimal reserve time, if any! Who else can say that? Besides, the Beech is a great plane to fly!

utahpilot said:

Hey, hey! Details, Utah, details. How was the interview? When's your class date? I know little about CommutAir...do they only fly 19's? Know where you'll be based?

Congratulations again!

looks like the Aug class for me, which we were told would only be 8 people and could be the last class for awhile.

interview is just like all the gouge available said it would be, good experience.

based? no idea, but I've understood PLB and ROC go junior, so if we're the last 8 hired for awhile, helloooo PLB and ROC!!

UP

I don't think your time has anything to do with it. I'm pushing 4000 hours with 1200 multi, ATP Written and fly Part 135 every day. I've update my resume online every other months and email them directly to Henry Wurster and never get a call!

To BaronFr8Dog, be persistent. I can have any one of my friends walk in your resume. Email it to Mano Kastompenakis or Vanda Crook.

DHC, Thanks for the info. Who are Mano & Vanda? What are their positions in the company? I just want to know how to address them in an email. Is it best to email them instead of Henry Wurster? Please tell me how I can get my resume walked in.

Sorry so many questions but I'd really like to work for this company!

Someone help me

I did the online application a couple of weeeks ago. I used to have a contact there, but lost track and don't know how to contact him anymore. Can someone help? Please PM me, thanks. I have wanted to work for Commutair for the last 3 years!

Buck

Getting called - an unscientific black art known by few practitioners

BaronFR8Dog said:
I don't think your time has anything to do with it. I'm pushing 4000 hours with 1200 multi, ATP Written and fly Part 135 every day. I've update my resume online every other months and email them directly to Henry Wurster and never get a call!
You know what? It does not matter how well qualified you are, how many LORs you have, or who walks in your app. They put names in a hat, pull some out, and those are the applicants who are interviewed. It works the same way for the ones who are hired. :rolleyes:

I had the quals at the left ten-twelve years ago, but no 135 time. I had a few interviews, but no offers. In those days there was no internet, so all you could do was mail in resumes and updates every few weeks, or hand-deliver your materials. I did, and got nowhere, so I know your pain. My response-per-paper-output ratio was very low.

I applied to some regionals for years, sending in app after app, update after update, and resume after resume, without being called. SkyWest is my best example. I tried with them for about six years. I even had a former student who got on at SkyWest walk in an app. You would think that seeing the same person apply for six years would get attention for persistance or warrant at least a phone call to chat for a minute.

What can you do??

Anyway, congratulations to the people who've gotten interviews.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back