CommutAir New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

alitalia

I have been thinking about applying to CommutAir, I finally got the minimum hours required. I wanted to know what is the best way to get my resume read at the company. Is it better that I fill out the on-line resume form, or should I mail/fax my resume in? If I do mail/fax it in, then is there a particular person I should send it to, other than Henry Wurster? On average, how long did it take before they called to set-up an interview? :eek:

It looks like they are mostly taking recommendations right now. I didn't have one, but I put my resume in at the last AIR, Inc job fair. I got called about 5 1/2 months later. My buddy put his in at the same job fair and he got called the same day I did, so it worked.
As for faxing/mailing/emailing, I don't know what the best is. At least do the online app. That should get you name in there. If you know anyone that works there, talk to them. That would help the most.
Best of luck.

I applied online in Nov, never heard anything.

In May I had my buddy take in my resume, got called within a week.

Good Luck

I'd think twice before applying to CommutAir. A lot of their pilots are jumping ship to other regionals. I know this because we have some at Comair. I would apply to Chitaqua before I would even consider CommutAir if I were you.

ACE said:
I'd think twice before applying to CommutAir. A lot of their pilots are jumping ship to other regionals. I know this because we have some at Comair. I would apply to Chitaqua before I would even consider CommutAir if I were you.

Why go to a growing 121 operator with a quick upgrade when you can go to Chautauqua and get involved in all the new labor issues? I'd take any job theese days. Within reason.....

--03M

A lot of their pilots are jumping ship to other regionals.

Ace,

have you considered that lots of pilots go to places like CA, Lakes, and Mesa to build some quality time to then move on to other regionals? CA has mins of only 900TT/100ME, far less than the mins at Comair and Chatauqua.

could be a thought out career move for many

Commutair did have a lot of people jump ship about a year and a half to two years ago. The company made a major cutback, and furloughed half the company at the time. And many did end up at Comair (as well as ACA, ASA and others).

Commutair has turned the corner and is growing again. Uprade time for some of the guys this summer will be as low as seven months (my guess is it will grow again after that though).

I can only think of one guy who left here for another regional in the past nine months. We have had guys go to Air Tran, Alaska, and a few to corporate jobs in the last few months but people aren't flying out the door to other regionals - particularly as many others aren't hiring, are furloughing, or are in a state of uncertainty right now. And given that upgrade is so quick, why take another paycut to start at the bottom of another list, and face MUCH longer upgrade times?

N9103M,
I was being sarcastic when I mentioned CHitauqua. My point to alitalia is, don't sell yourself short. There are better companies out there with low mins. I hear Cape Air is a great place to work. Skywest used to have low mins. I don't know how competive they are now though or thier current mins. I had friends go to Chigago Express that loved it there. Another great one is Chalks Ocean Airways. There are just too many out there that are better than Commutair.

Interesting, I've heard a lot more negative things from friends about Chicago Express and Chalk's than CommutAir. Cape Air requires an ATP, SkyWest pretty much requires that you have 121/jet/a whole lotta- time. CommutAir is not a final career stop for most, but neither are most of those you mentioned (SkyWest excluded). I don't see how taking a job there is selling one's-self short.

Latest resources

Back