Commutair finally going "big time"!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bringupthebird said:
I was under the impression that Brockway owned both the NY and VT sides and that the management of the original Clinton Aero sold both certificates to Metro, only Metro didn't get the money-making USAir contract. So the former management started Commutair with the USAir contract and their competitor's money. Slickest move I've ever seen in regional aviation.

Actually the "owners" sold out to brockway (owens) long before metro was even in the picture.

later, (1988 to 1989ish) owens decided sell to brockway to metro, Metro was a American Eagle and USAir considered Metro flying for both USAir and AMR a conflict of interest (those were the days) and lost the USair code.

Saw a SAAB at CLE the other day with Continental Connection on it and Continental colors. Tail number was 108PX. Asked the ground crew who's it was they weren't sure, they said they were doing training on it.

dnkt said:
Saw a SAAB at CLE the other day with Continental Connection on it and Continental colors. Tail number was 108PX. Asked the ground crew who's it was they weren't sure, they said they were doing training on it.

I would bet it was Regions Air.

It was Regions Air, they were using the "Corpex" callsign.

Very strange since we've all been hearing this rumor about them coming into CLE, all I ever saw was one little newspaper article from some place in West Virginia. Now all of a sudden there they are.

Well I guess let me be the first one to say welcome. What routes are they going to be flying?

Any NEW routes in CLE are a good thing, no matter who is doing the flying.

BTW, hope you guys get the Dash's, they just look better IMO, Saab's are just ugly.

Last edited:
Just heard today that we will have an announcement next week.(We'll See). Our owner will be meeting with Bombardier one more time and make an announcement on the final decision during the RAA Meeting.Hopefully Dash's.

Latest resources

Back