• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CA1900 said:
We just heard, this one will be the first of the Dash-8's we'll be getting:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0851639/M/

Just cover up the logos, and it's a standard CommutAir paint job!
:D :D :D

I'm sure the lease price on this beauty is one of the lowest in the industry for a Dash. PDT will pick it up any day now for such a cheap lease, regardless of how much we spend in the long run repairing it on a daily basis. Put this lady out of her misery and take it off the wooden cradles so PDT doesn't convince themselves it can fly again.

Bringupthebird said:
The predecessor to Commutair, Air North, had a 121 side in BVT which was pretty "big time" with F27s and Shorts.

Commutair and Air north had NOTHING to do with each other. Perhaps some management (owners) started commutair. but the "predecessor" or better yet the "successor" company to Air North continued to exist (as a competitor) while commutair was started.

Something like this

AirNorth => Brockway (VT) => Metro Airlines NE (VT) => Bankrupt doors closed. (1991 RIP)

Or

Clinton Aero => Brockway (NY) => Metro Airline NE (NY) = Bankrupt doors closed. (1991 RIP)

Commutair Started in 1989 as a new compnay how does that make them a successor?

mnalpha said:
It was ripped off mid-taxi in PHL by the rampers, and was sold for crack very fast.

That happened to me on a lesser scale. I got a stall fail warning while #3 for departure, I look down and there is a ramper with fireplace gloves on running away with one of my AOA vanes.

HughBeamont said:
That happened to me on a lesser scale. I got a stall fail warning while #3 for departure, I look down and there is a ramper with fireplace gloves on running away with one of my AOA vanes.

Did you spit your chew out when you saw that?

So its Dash 8s. Is that official? Great news. I knew it would take me leaving for that to happen.

Hopefully you will get the Q Series Dash's over the Saabs! Dash is perfect for the Northeast flying!

MEL'ed said:
Put this lady out of her misery and take it off the wooden cradles so PDT doesn't convince themselves it can fly again.

Bust the windows out of it, fill it with dirt, and plant flowers in it. Kinda red-neck, but most of us aviatin' types ain't all that sophisticated anyways...:D

MEL'ed said:
PDT will pick it up any day now for such a cheap lease, regardless of how much we spend in the long run repairing it on a daily basis.

Speaking of, what ever happened to the good old FrankenBeech?

I still cringe a bit when I see 850 on the nose (or tail) of one of our airplanes.

AutoBus said:
Commutair and Air north had NOTHING to do with each other. Perhaps some management (owners) started commutair. but the "predecessor" or better yet the "successor" company to Air North continued to exist (as a competitor) while commutair was started.

Something like this

AirNorth => Brockway (VT) => Metro Airlines NE (VT) => Bankrupt doors closed. (1991 RIP)

Or

Clinton Aero => Brockway (NY) => Metro Airline NE (NY) = Bankrupt doors closed. (1991 RIP)

Commutair Started in 1989 as a new compnay how does that make them a successor?

I was under the impression that Brockway owned both the NY and VT sides and that the management of the original Clinton Aero sold both certificates to Metro, only Metro didn't get the money-making USAir contract. So the former management started Commutair with the USAir contract and their competitor's money. Slickest move I've ever seen in regional aviation.

NEDude: No, there hasn't been an announcement of type yet; that's just me being a wise-ass. According to our glorious leader, there will be an announcement by "the end of the month" as to type. No specifics as to which month. :D

shamrock said:
Speaking of, what ever happened to the good old FrankenBeech?

I still cringe a bit when I see 850 on the nose (or tail) of one of our airplanes.

Heh... that got sold a couple of years ago, thank goodness. It got completely overhauled as a corporate layout (with TV screens and everything), and went to Africa. My understanding is that the new owners managed to run it off the end/side of a runway within a week of purchase. Whoops. :eek:

Latest resources

Back