Coming to Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel said:
Hey flyfish have you gotten hotel info for the ES? I'm still waiting for hotel info. I wish we could go to the homeboy sweets.

Looking forward to having study sessions at sirens.

I haven't got my hotel info yet. If it is ES, then Siren's it is. The first time I walked in there, I thought it was a steakhouse...... they do serve up some prime beef there though. What's good about the Homewood? I haven't been there.

800 Driver said:
When I made the camparison to 60K it was in terms of NET TAKE HOME.

AT 60K I take home 3000K per month. LOTS of taxes taken out.

At 27500K I should TAKE HOME about $2800/mo (includes per diem, etc)

That was the comparison.

Thanks for all the replies. Still looking forward to something different for a change.

I have a number of friends at NJA and most like it very much (most enjoy it but a few are looking elsewhere because of the current pay). However, at least you are starting to hopefully understand the pay situation at NJA - not good. There is hope that it will get better soon as a new contract is approved (not sure when that will happen though). I think it will be a good change for you too - I fly corporate and I really enjoy the route variety aspect personally.

Do you know yet whether you will be trained on the regular XP or the newer XPC (Collins full-glass)?

800 driver,

A good friend of mine flies the Citation X as a Captain and really enjoys the job. Yes, he says the pay needs to increase, but he likes the 7 on 7 off and enjoys the variety of airports. He says the work can be grueling every once and awhile, but most days are not too bad. He enjoys it, and you will too----especially after the pay goes up.

Bye Bye--General Lee

800 Driver...

Welcome to the madness at NJA...it has its good and bad...it really is all about your ability to deal with it! Some days are easier than others but don't drop your guard and get too comfortable...keep your resume updated and keep looking for better jobs...you never know what's lurking around the corner...
Shoot me a PM and I will fill you in on the good, bad and the ugly of it!!!
Good Luck

On Your Six said:
). However, at least you are starting to hopefully understand the pay situation at NJA - not good.

No Schit Sherlock... "starting to hopefully understand the pay situation???" Are you implying that nobody at NJA previously realized the pay situation?? Do you think we're stupid?

Newsflash Moron!!!! Everyone here has known about the "pay situation" for years. We can tell every 2 weeks when we look at our pay sheet.

800 dirver,

Congrats on the 800XP, its probably the best airplane to be on at Netjets. The X works too hard, the F2000 has bratty F/As, and all the other ones are too small or work too hard.

In regarding pay, you are not going to get $2800 a month take home a month. After 401(k) and taxes, it will be more like $2000 including per diem. Your best bet is to contact all your local FBO's after you get typed and see if you can fly as a Hawker contract F/O for a local flt dept. Typical pay is $500 a day. You won't fly much your first year at Netjets so flying as a contractor will keep your head above water. Good Luck.

welcome Aboard!!

800 Driver,

Welcome to NetJets! The job is what you make of it. I came from 13 years 121 and have to say that NetJets was an adjustment. Took me about 6 months to get into a "rythmn." However, other than the pay, it is a good place to be! I would NOT go back to 121 now! Don't let the negatism on this board influence your opinion. We are lucky to get ex-121 guys onboard! The UNION and aviation experience that you bring are assets for our difficult battles that lie ahead. Have a good time and FLY THE CONTRACT to the letter!!!!

G

Guys are right about the 800XP

The other posters are right about the pay and the fleet.

I'm an FO on the 800XP, the Cpts I have flown with are all great people, and it is a great fleet to be in.

Welcome aboard, there is alot of change coming. All for the good I think.

interesting...
I still remember FO pay as being about EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS every two weeks AFTER taxes and AFTER 401k deductions. If you DON'T have state tax, it will be SLIGHTLY more.

AND, if you are coming here in HOPES of a FANTASTIC new contract...don't hold your breath. EVERYBODY wants Nutjets to be THE PLACE to work...including me BUT...the current TREND by management shows signs in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION !!!

Did you know that they proposed a $4000 A YEAR raise on this last TA ?
Did you know that a BBJ FA makes more than a FIVE YEAR FO ?
Did you know that a BBJ FA makes the same as a 3 year CAPTAIN - ON EVERY PLANE ?

Oh yeah, I forgot...the NEW IMPROVED CONTRACT will take care of ALL of this and more...

Time will tell...but the koolaid tastes really great !

Latest resources

Back