Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comebacks to passengers "Hope you haven't been drinking" or something to that effect

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scoreboard

Please keep moving...
Comebacks to passengers "Hope you haven't been drinking" or something to that effect

OK folks, what have you guys used in response to this type of question, serious and humorous please.

scoreboard said:
OK folks, what have you guys used in response to this type of question, serious and humorous please.

i heard of one where a young looking female pilot (i think awa?) says somehting like, "no sir mister; I'm not old enough to drink yet!"

... i await what the pros can come up with :)

Good start, I'm WAY to old to get away with that one. Nice avatar, finest almost european beer made.

If a female questions you ...

"Hope you haven't been drinking"

"Nope , I know for a fact I haven't been drinking because your still ugly!"

in uniform, in the bar to get coffee at 2330 prior to allnighter pickup. myself and the FE. drunk old bastard starts talking about if we are flying them in the morning and are getting drunk.

I politely say to him, no sir but your pilots for tommorow will be down shortly.

dip********************s

My response,

NO Sir/Ma'am I have not been drinking, but since you've made the accusation or assumption, Myself and my FO will be leaving the aircraft at this time to have a blood alcohol test performed by law enforcement!!! I would make sure I say it loud enough for the rest of the pax to hear, why the flight will be delayed!!

During these times when you have rent a cops and bag screeners sniffing around you trying to smell your breath, I won't take any chances!! I have nothing to hide, and would demand a breath test to prove my innocence. It may deter some big mouth from spouting off next time!! Now, if they really do smell something and have a valid concern, that's one thing, but some loud mouth obnoxious idiot just trying to be funny is totally different!!!

My .2%

My favorite strategy was to pretend I didn't hear them. I never got the "drunk" line but I got the "Is this plane safe?" quite a few times.

Call it passive aggressive.

Latest resources

Back