• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9rj9

Judge rules Comair can impose concessions on pilots: AP

By Katherine Hunt
Last Update: 4:26 PM ET Dec 21, 2006

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- A federal bankruptcy judge has ruled that Comair can impose wage cuts and other changes in work rules on its 1,500 pilots, according to a report after Thursday's closing bell. Judge Adlai Hardin gave the regional airline permission to throw out its contract with the pilots, the Associated Press reported. Comair is a subsidiary of Delta Air Lines Inc.
Delta Air Lines, Inc
http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/financials.asp?symb=DALRQ&dist=mktwstoryfinancials

Earlier this month, the pilots, represented by the Air Line Pilots Association International, voted to authorize a strike if their contract was rejected by the court.

Might reach a deal at the last minute, like Mesaba did. Who knows. Very critical few weeks ahead, that's for sure.

All the DCI carriers need to pay close attention here. If it comes to a strike, Mother Delta will almost certainly try to shuffle the flying to cover the struck work. It will be helpful to see a published list of struck work as the other DCI carriers can't just arbitrarily decline to work "just in case." Or can they?

While the Comair guys are between a hard rock and a place, this could be any of us and probably will be (like dominos) if we all don't back the Comair guys' play. Not to mention the principle. This is an opportunity for all the bickering to stop (or at least to pause) and for all of us to present a united front and stand up to these tactics.

Merry Christmas, my Comair brethren!!!

Yep, a black Christmas it is indeed for us, now. Word is out to clear our stuff out of the domiciles 'just in case.'

At least we got our fraggn ham this year!

Probably negotiate some TA in the 11th hour. I don't think we will strike...I mean after all, if Comair dies, what will JC and Cory do?

what is going on? After the dust settles the pay scales are going to go down? Benefits? Please fill me in on what has been happening... I was looking at Comair for the future?

Call in Sick

I called in sick for Christmas I hope all Comair Pilots will do the Same!!! Merry Christmas to all. I hope MGT. can fly the planes....

Where is he?

How come we haven't gotten any Surplus sermons on this subject lately. Where has he gone???:confused:

I kind of miss the old guy.

I called in sick for Christmas I hope all Comair Pilots will do the Same!!! Merry Christmas to all. I hope MGT. can fly the planes....

If there is a sick out, I assure you that the company will slap the pilot group with a restraining order before lunch. They will use your post as evidence. Don't believe me? Ask anyone that was there in December of '99.

"DOWN!"

Latest resources

Back