• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's contact is gone; will they strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you tough guys should carry out all your threats. Slow down, fly low, burn gas, strike, burn the place down. The sooner Delta drops you scumbags the better. I love to hear you all talk about your strike! You think that it was so big of you! It was dumb as sh$$! In the end you all are still going to take your paycuts, or take your pink slips! Rolling on the ground laughing my a$$ off! I hope Captain Ford enjoys the unemployment line!

Now he wins the 'Tool of the Day' award!!

Good Luck Comair!! We know what its like (ALG, PSA and PDT), having gone thru a bunch of this also!!

Incorrect.

During your first year you ARE protected by the contract, except for the discipline / termination language.

Even then, NO ALPA carrier has EVER allowed the company to take hostages (fire pilots and hold them as a bargaining tool).

They HAVE allowed the probies to continue to fly in a case or two (who cares if they show up if there's not a CA to fly with them except the handful of mgmt pilots)? They have also asked them not to fly and then refused to return to work with a new agreement until the probies are returned to flying status with nothing in their employment file.

Bottom line, if you're a new-hire, stay in touch with your union reps then do whatever they tell you to do come strike time (but keep your options open for other flying in case the strike is protracted or the company liquidates).

You still have a LONG time before you have to worry about it. CMR will get the injunction and you won't be even close to striking until CMR exits Ch. 11, and that's a big IF no agreement is reached before then AND they don't find yet ANOTHER judge to establish a new precedent with the RLA to inhibit the strike AFTER the company is no longer in bankruptcy.

If they do, you can kiss the RLA protections (what few are left) goodbye in this industry.

Thanks for the clarification. I have a class date in Jan. Sort of a weird position to be in. I'm still waiting for them to call or email me saying classes have been cancelled. Either way, I hope everything works out the way the CMR pilots need it to. Good luck to you guys/gals and Merry Christmas.

What are you hearing?

I'm hearing a large percentage are not making it through the sim once they get there. This information came from a sim instructor and an IOE captain independently. Once again, it's all secondhand information.

I've also heard the company is substantially retooling training in a desperate attempt to get pilots with such low experience levels through the training and onto the line to plug holes in the dam created by pilot resignations.

For any of you low-time pilots who are considering Comair, don't think the "low experience levels" comment is directed at you personally. I'm certain if you find your way onto the line at Comair, the pilots there will bend over backward to help you be successful. Rather, the ire is directed at the failed leadership at Comair and Delta. They've really painted themselves into a corner with staffing levels (coupled with a never ending message that the pilots are liabilities to the company, not assets) at Comair.

Four years ago, Comair had pilots lined up hoping for a job. Highly experienced, many with several thousand hours of quality flight time in part 121 and part 135 operations. Today Comair is scraping the bottom of the barrel (in terms of experience), instead of recruiting the best possible candidates available. They have no choice now. Anyone with a respectable amount of experience is not going to consider investing their time and effort with Comair. There are better opportunities out there.

If you're considering Comair, do so with your eyes open.

V1,
I'm hearing exactly the opposite from sim instructors. The syllabus has been cut back and messed with for $$$ sake, so they're seeing some extra sim sessions that bring it back to the number of sims we used to have, but washout rate is the same as its been for years.

Thanks for the clarification. I have a class date in Jan. Sort of a weird position to be in. I'm still waiting for them to call or email me saying classes have been cancelled. Either way, I hope everything works out the way the CMR pilots need it to. Good luck to you guys/gals and Merry Christmas.

I would not worry about your class being cancelled. We absolutely need more people due to being understaffed as well as the increase in projected flight hours in the Spring.

V1,
I'm hearing exactly the opposite from sim instructors. The syllabus has been cut back and messed with for $$$ sake, so they're seeing some extra sim sessions that bring it back to the number of sims we used to have, but washout rate is the same as its been for years.

What types of things wash people out? Just not getting the hang of the sim or what?

I have a class soming up and want to make sure I do the opposite of what ever these people are doing.

I think you tough guys should carry out all your threats. Slow down, fly low, burn gas, strike, burn the place down. The sooner Delta drops you scumbags the better. I love to hear you all talk about your strike! You think that it was so big of you! It was dumb as sh$$! In the end you all are still going to take your paycuts, or take your pink slips! Rolling on the ground laughing my a$$ off! I hope Captain Ford enjoys the unemployment line!

What thought process leads you to say something like that?? Holy crap, what a tool!!

You should have listened to your mom when she told you to quit chasing the mosquito sprayer.

Good luck to all you CA pilots. I was there walking the line during the first strike. This game just never seems to end. Stay strong!

For what it's worth, Merry Xmas.

Stratus

Latest resources

Back