• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's contact is gone; will they strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you mesapukes, sky(bendmeover)west and shettykitty!!!
We owe all of this to you spineless idiots.
Where do you think mgt got those pay scales??
What a bunch of morons. Flame away, but you cannot argue with facts.

Bump:
what is going on? After the dust settles the pay scales are going to go down? Benefits? Please fill me in on what has been happening... I was looking at Comair for the future?

Bump:
what is going on? After the dust settles the pay scales are going to go down? Benefits? Please fill me in on what has been happening... I was looking at Comair for the future?
Have you had your head in the dirt the last year and a half???

WTF?

Long story short. Comair filed for Ch. 11 Bankruptcy a while back, has been slowly getting contracts dumped (F/A's first), now pilots have their contract yanked by the bankruptcy judge.

The pilots authorized a strike. Now we have to see if they'll play that card.

If they do, the company will seek an injunction and, thanks to the landmark case with NWA, will probably get it and force the pilots back to work.

Many pilots will call for many different individual types of work actions in protest: call in sick a lot more, burn the APU's more, fly lower and slower (kill on-time performance AND burn extra gas which is expensive right now $$$), none of which helps unless EVERYONE does it (and, by the way, it's illegal which is why the other guys were telling braniac to STFU).

In the long run, they have 2 choices: get a deal that's at least somewhat better than the imposed terms OR wait until Comair exits bankruptcy then strike (hasn't been tested yet) under extremely crappy imposed work rules for 6 months to a year or more.

In the meantime, they stand a real chance of losing a lot of flying if DAL decides they can't count on them or their performance really does suffer dramatically and might farm out more flying (hearing a lot of PCL rumors for the CVG flying with the new NWA agreement in place - probably just rumors for now, but who knows...?)

Long and short: until the dust settles, I wouldn't quit my banner towing job if I were you. Might be a LONG time before CMR hires off the street again in any real numbers much less has upgrade times which is what you need to be looking at for that almight PIC Turbine time. You might want to broaden your horizons a bit.

Good luck guys. If you do walk, you are welcome to our jumpseats to get home anytime.

Thank you mesapukes, sky(bendmeover)west and shettykitty!!!
We owe all of this to you spineless idiots.
Where do you think mgt got those pay scales??
What a bunch of morons. Flame away, but you cannot argue with facts.

Thats Funny, I don't recall any of us over here at Sha-takey-away ever voting concessions for growth....... Look where that got you....

Good luck guys. If you do walk, you are welcome to our jumpseats to get home anytime.

Thanks man good to hear, I'm already running the scenario in my head. "If it happens on that day and I'm here, how the &$%^ do I get home and how much will it cost." Nothing like going into the holidays with your job and bank account on the line. :rolleyes:

Payback

If I were a pilot for Comair, I'd turn my back on Management and the Bankruptcy judge. Let the airline fly into extinction. Seems like Comair is mainly a airline in name now only, without substance.

Thats Funny, I don't recall any of us over here at Sha-takey-away ever voting concessions for growth....... Look where that got you....

Your WHOLE contract was a concession you idiot.
Pattern bargaining was alive and well . We did our part. Then what do the others do??? Instead of using our hard fought for contract as an opener, as you are SUPPOSE to do in this industry, you idiots saw it as an opportunity to under cut us for the promise of lots and lots of shiny new jets. And in doing this, you idiots screwed every pilot out there.

Latest resources

Back