• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's contact is gone; will they strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you mesapukes, sky(bendmeover)west and shettykitty!!!
We owe all of this to you spineless idiots.
Where do you think mgt got those pay scales??
What a bunch of morons. Flame away, but you cannot argue with facts.

Here is a fact: It benefits management to keep us at each other's throats because if we are fighting amongst ourselves we cannot present a coherent defense. Stuff like what is quoted above plays directly into management's hands and promotes their agenda.

CHQ management came to the pilots during the Comair strike and asked nicely if we wanted to pick up a little temporary flying out of CVG. They left with an angry looking welt on their cheek. Management came to us about a year ago asking (not nicely at all) for pay and work rule concessions in order to get a bunch of CRJ's. They left with an angry looking welt on the other cheek.

There were only about 400 of us during your strike, but we honored and walked your picket line and contributed to your strike fund. We'll do it again.

Last edited:
I think you tough guys should carry out all your threats. Slow down, fly low, burn gas, strike, burn the place down. The sooner Delta drops you scumbags the better. I love to hear you all talk about your strike! You think that it was so big of you! It was dumb as sh$$! In the end you all are still going to take your paycuts, or take your pink slips! Rolling on the ground laughing my a$$ off! I hope Captain Ford enjoys the unemployment line!

Thanks man good to hear, I'm already running the scenario in my head. "If it happens on that day and I'm here, how the &$%^ do I get home and how much will it cost." Nothing like going into the holidays with your job and bank account on the line. :rolleyes:
No worries.

This industry has always had the good will from other carriers to get stranded pilots home from the outstations or hub if/when an airline goes on strike.

Very few carriers DON'T honor this, most everyone does.

Best of luck!

If there is a sick out, I assure you that the company will slap the pilot group with a restraining order before lunch. They will use your post as evidence. Don't believe me? Ask anyone that was there in December of '99.

"DOWN!"

It's not a "restraining order". It's an "injuction" and the company can't slap anyone. Only a judge/court.

The pilots authorized a strike. Now we have to see if they'll play that card.

If they do, the company will seek an injunction and, thanks to the landmark case with NWA, will probably get it and force the pilots back to work.

The company has already filed an injunction against a strike, so the judge may rule on that before the company imposes its terms. It's a difficult position to be in when the company has full power to throw out your contract and the pilots have no legal authority to fight it.

There is only one thing left for the Comair pilots to do....

Leave with your dignity, and your heads held up. Only the name will disappear, all of you will find employment.

Thank you mesapukes, sky(bendmeover)west and shettykitty!!!
We owe all of this to you spineless idiots.
Where do you think mgt got those pay scales??
What a bunch of morons. Flame away, but you cannot argue with facts.
Hey, Comair is alpa everything will be fine! What, your 2% isn't doing what you thought....imagine THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you tough guys should carry out all your threats. Slow down, fly low, burn gas, strike, burn the place down. The sooner Delta drops you scumbags the better. I love to hear you all talk about your strike! You think that it was so big of you! It was dumb as sh$$! In the end you all are still going to take your paycuts, or take your pink slips! Rolling on the ground laughing my a$$ off! I hope Captain Ford enjoys the unemployment line!
Good idea, just give em more reasons to give Comair's flying to someone else! Keep up the good work. It is exactly what Delta wants to happen!

Wow aren't you an angry little Delta Biatchhh. What happened? Comair guy get busy with your wife???

Latest resources

Back