• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comairs Big Announcement! [rumor mill]

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or about anything else, for that matter. Every message I get from them boils down to "just trust us".
Its funny they say trust us, while for the most part I do, these guys make rumors up more than any 70 capt. and the sad thing is they believe it. they to think things out a lot better, when they have a dream about whats happening at Comair they put out an email like they have facts about a situation.

The MEC decided to have a "merger fund" and assess each member 20 a month. It kinda came out of nowhere as there wasn't even a hint it was on the table. One we got an email that they were going to charge us 20 a month for the next year to put a lawyer on retainer in case it is needed.

I am skeptical as our union has had some questionable expenses under the old regime and our current regime has failed to come through on the promises about being transparent about the "merger fund". I'll give our MEC chairman credit, at least he gets out there and flies, so the union doesn't end paying his entire salary...that is something JC never did, he had to do OE after he resigned as MEC chairman.

They stated they would post the balances and expenses subtracted form the fund online at the alpa site. After 4 or 5 months they still haven't.

Some people just flat our refused to pay it. I have also heard they have been sending bills to our furloughed pilots expecting them to pay the assessment fee.

Thanks for explaining. I would be raising holy he!! if they're not being transparent. I wouldn't pay until it was posted in fact. I'm sure they'll get it up and running tomorrow if nobody paid.

Trojan

Mesaba/Compass to Comair: All your base are belong to us.

The guy who wrote this-your an idiot. Number one have respect for other peoples careers and their families. To those at Comair. At least the people I know at Mesaba would never make a remark like that. I would tend to think some of the bad apples we let slip through the interview process when we were taking almost anyone made that statement. I hope that person does not last long. I know I for one would not stand for that kind of talk

The guy who wrote this-your an idiot. Number one have respect for other peoples careers and their families. To those at Comair. At least the people I know at Mesaba would never make a remark like that. I would tend to think some of the bad apples we let slip through the interview process when we were taking almost anyone made that statement. I hope that person does not last long. I know I for one would not stand for that kind of talk

It's a joke dude... chill!

I am almost certain they will combine Mesaba Compass Holdings, Inc and Delta Connection Inc., but there is no reason to merge the pilot groups. That would give the new carrier too much power come negotiations. Keep them separate and let them argue and hate each other when they take each other's planes.

The CEO of Comair has a condo @ the funny looking building in Covington, KY. It is now for sale for something like $890,000.00. So if they do merge the holding groups together Comair still needs a new leader. That is unless our pilot group is merged with another group that already has a CEO.

Anyone think that the head of DCI would either be the new leader of the merged group, or Comair if it is kept on its own?

My statement was based on the well known fact that...

In A.D. 2008
Merger Was Beginning.
Captains- What Happen?
First Officers- Somebody Set Us Up The Furlough.
All Pilots- We Get Memo.

etc...

Last edited:
The guy who wrote this-your an idiot.

Just remember...calling someone an idiot while not knowing the difference between "your" and "you're" does not help your cause.

All your grammar are belong to flyf15.

Back on topic, the one thing that doesn't change with the regionals is that the legacies build them up and then tear them down.

Since Comair has a good contract, I'd think it would be difficult to merge them with another regional, but we'll see.

Think of every rumor you've heard, whether it came from the union, sim guys or ground school. How many of those have come true, good or bad?

Latest resources

Back