• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
imacdog, just wondering when you got hired. Was it last year at the beginning of the hiring boom in Feb?

I got on last May, so I guess it was towards the beginning of the hiring. It's good to see that we are hiring again. I sometimes ask myself "why didn't I take the SkyWest interview", but if I could see the future more clearly I probably wouldn't be in this business.

Comair is a good place to be if you live in CVG or JFK. I started class there last March and then left to come to SkyWest for the simple fact of not having to commute to work. I had no idea that Comair was going to furlough, but I am glad that everyone in my class there got recalled back, or maybe they didn't even get furloughed. Glad to see that you are almost holding a line, things will move quickly soon.

Is Comair still on pace to get a BOS base? Some Comair guys told me they were a few months ago, havn't heard much about it lately.

The company shelved the BOS base idea a few months ago, but with the amount of flying we are doing in there now (we needed a second hotel in July to cover all our overnighting crews), I wouldn't be surprised if the idea comes back up.

August 14th is the next class. Their conducting interviews on the 9th but I don't know if it would be for the class starting on the 14th.

I just faxed them a resume. Do you guys think I should fill out the airlineapps on the website as well?

imacdog said:
The company shelved the BOS base idea a few months ago, but with the amount of flying we are doing in there now (we needed a second hotel in July to cover all our overnighting crews), I wouldn't be surprised if the idea comes back up.

Which hotels? I know the mainline pilots stay at some great ones downtown.

If you faxed them, they probably have it on file. Last year when we were hiring a lot of people, I emailed my resume and received a call a few days later. Not sure how fast they are getting back to people now. After the class in August, the hiring plans are 24 per month for the rest of the year.

zawillif said:
Which hotels? I know the mainline pilots stay at some great ones downtown.

Our current hotel is the Hilton at the Airport. Not downtown, but it's only a $1.25 one-way subway ride to town, and I love being able to walk from the terminal to the hotel.

Latest resources

Back