Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rjet24

Anyone know the current reserve time at Comair? Where does training take place? How likely is it to get CVG out of training? Any other info on the company, opionions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comair is hiring now, they have a class scheduled for August. Supposedly one started in June and July, I'm not in CVG so I don't know about the July one but the June pilots are listed on the seniority list. After August, and assuming attrition stays the same (roughly one pilot per day), the plans are to hire 24 pilots per month through the rest of the year. Bases out of training vary (have not heard of MCO for new hires though), although our JFK flying is increasing a little in the near future so depending on who bids for new positions in JFK, my guess would be maybe a 50-50 split between JFK and CVG for new hires, with the occasional GSO slot as well. Hope this helps.

Forgot to mention, training is in CVG, hotel is provided for a week for CVG pilots and for the duration of training for pilots based elsewhere. Training pay is 240/week until you pass your checkride. I have been on reserve for a little over a year now (held a line shortly after getting online but the cutbacks put me back on reserve), but since we haven't been hiring in nearly a year it is not a big surprise. With turnover starting to increase, and assuming we don't shrink more, reserve time should come down for new hires.

I would guess with the recent reallocation bid to JFK, that's where most new-hires would go :( Those who can, usually bid out of there at their earliest opportunity, unless they're from around there. CVG would be the next in line, and you can forget MCO until you have close to 4 years' here.

Get this, the latest wild-a$$ rumor I heard someone from recurrent relate from a management type was a possible Q-400 base in SLC! That is, once all the paycuts are in place...

What are Comairs reserve call out times? Are they the standard 1.5 hr or do they have extended call out times? Can anyone talk about the current QOL issues at Comair. Any other information you guys might have would be great. How long would it take to bid out of JFK to CVG if assigned? Thanks for the help.

We have had three vacany bids this year so far, so if you get assigned CVG and want JFK you should be able to make it happen relatively quickly.

Hovernut said:
Get this, the latest wild-a$$ rumor I heard someone from recurrent relate from a management type was a possible Q-400 base in SLC! That is, once all the paycuts are in place...

Hey I heard if we give up all our DH pay and go to .50 cents an hour per diem that they will let us fly those Q400's for brasilia rates!!

Latest resources

Back