• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Get this, the latest wild-a$$ rumor I heard someone from recurrent relate from a management type was a possible Q-400 base in SLC! That is, once all the paycuts are in place..."

I think we fell for this once already. And hey, if we hurry up and agree on it now, then our renig clause from the last time will be null too. When is that up? December I think it is.... Let's wait until Dec and then let them wave that Q400 in front of us.

imacdog said:
We have had three vacany bids this year so far, so if you get assigned CVG and want JFK you should be able to make it happen relatively quickly.

What about if you get assigned JFK and want CVG, how likely would it be to get back to CVG and how long? When do they let you know you domicile, is it during the interview or training? How long is training? How many days does training run, 5 days or do they go 6 days? I live 1.5 hr from CVG so I really dont want JFK. Any other info would be great. Thanks

I don't know how long it would be to get back to CVG but if attrition stays the same, we will continue to have vacancy bids throughout the year. The latest awards have very junior pilots holding all bases except MCO. Training lasts roughly two months until you take your checkride and start IOE. You will find out your base during the first week of training. Training is Monday-Friday until you start sims. Unlike some other regionals, there is no training contract so if you decide to leave for whatever reason, you can do so at any time without having to make some repayment to the company. The interview process is very professional; they want to get to know you, not fluster you in any way. If you're interested in Comair, it wouldn't hurt to send in an application. If you decide it's not for you, you're only out a day spent at the Comair GO.

PA44Jockey said:
"
I think we fell for this once already. And hey, if we hurry up and agree on it now, then our renig clause from the last time will be null too. When is that up? December I think it is.... Let's wait until Dec and then let them wave that Q400 in front of us.

Yeah, nothing's getting in the way of me and the Dec snapbacks!! Let 'em deal with us after that occurs. We get back on our feet since the 'promised growth' didn't happen. Fix Fred's F/up and let Don deal from a fresh deck.

plunger said:
I just faxed them a resume. Do you guys think I should fill out the airlineapps on the website as well?

I called HR one time to see exactly how I should "walk in" a resume since I am not based in CVG. I was told that even when one is walked in all they do is call them to tell them to fill out the online app. I dont know if that helps but I dont think it would hurt you to fill it out online.

Dave

I had someone walk a resume in for me. A couple days later I received an email stating before an interview can be set up, the online application must be completed. It does not take that long to do and you can access it through the comair website.

Latest resources

Back