• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Delta has to get rid of Comair and Skywest is going to buy them, why not just hire the Comair pilots at Delta?? I know it will make some senior Comair guys go crazy, but isn't that better than just continually jerking them around like this?? I hope no ALPA carrier buys these planes and throws the pilots on the street!!! Delta has to hire anyway just give the Comair Pilots seniority numbers and let them have something out of this. I have heard so many pilots say "I hope we get Comair's planes" without even one word about what it would do to the pilots that would lose their jobs. I am about to lose a business to this recession. The income I once made from that was much greater than what I make flying. I have no idea how I am going to pay my bills, and I still have a job!! I can't imagine how scary it must be for the pilot's at Comair to not know if they will have a job next week. I have said many prayers for you and your families recently. I hope the people involved in these decisions show some compassion. There is no need to let these pilot's go. For the rest of us, this could be any of us in a few years. Good luck guys and gals!!!

New to the industry? No way Delta is going to collectively welcome them with open arms. I'll let someone else 'splain why...

just surprised there hasn't been any chatter about it on the DAL mainline forums. I thought they'd be doing the happy dance by now.

"Nothing like good ole airline whip sawing to end the year. My hope is ALPA will stand up for us. We do have a contract with fleet guarantees. I hope there would be some grievances if this did transpire.....I hope too much maybe"

ALPA ?

You having GOT to be kidding. I'm sure ALPA is cheering this one on.

As far as the fleet guarantee ... it's gone in January anyway.

If you have a plan "B" now would be the time to enact it.

If you consider 10 years new, I guess. What the heck does that have to do with some compassion and common sense?? U think they are still holding a grudge about the strike? Noone from management is even left from the strike. This is stricly a business decision. If keeping Comair made Delta more money than they would keep them. You"d be peeing in your pants if you were in the same situation.

Doubt it will all go down like this anyway, but I'll play along. Say the 70s and 90s go to skywest, as far as the pilots go, it would be the option for the OH pilots to bid on via seniority and not necessarily who is currently flying the equipment.

What does that mean for a sale? Well, it could mean a few things. Typically the 70/90 are full of senior Captains which are also the heaviest as far as crew costs. Do you think those guys would accept positions at another airline, in another base in a staple agreement without any guarantee of integration? My guess is no. So they will sit around at OH. Well, then Delta cuts out a bunch of 50s, so now the old guys are left with a new gig, or flying a 50 again and losing relative seniority and schedules when OH loses half of the 50s.

Who knows what the fate of the company is, but I have this feeling the senior guys at Comair are going to be like the victims in the SAW movies. Delta won't have to off them. They will off themselves. Imagine that. A Win Win for Delta.

Rumor at the school house is that since Skywest won the lawsuit, Delta has proposed to pay with some of the Comair airplanes.

I think he is referring to the IROPS lawsuit a year or so ago.. daddy D withheld payments of about 25mil from skyw

Come on people you are all full of nonsense. Comair has been on the verge of shutting down for years yet Delta won't do it. This is fear, uncertainty, and doubt propaganda created by management to scare people in contact negotiations. What disappoints me most is Skywest and ASA pilots salivating at the thought of getting old beat up airplanes from Comair. I know most of you are good people but you sure have some morons around, as with most places.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back