• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tiff ignore all the rude answers you got before, you know whats going on at comair, make sure your husband does too.
Its not going to be pretty.

Tiff ignore all the rude answers you got before, you know whats going on at comair, make sure your husband does too.
Its not going to be pretty.

He is a status rep. for the F/Os and has been on a ton of conference calls lately. Mostly talking about contract negotiations. He still doesn't believe that Comair will be dismantled....I think it's a possibility. If we're sold, I hope the employees go with the airplanes, if not, we'll find a new job. I'm more worried for my husband than myself. Right now, I do this for the paycheck until I can find a new job but it won't be in this industry. He loves to fly and that's what he wants to do. He's also a damn good staus rep. If you're ever in a jam he goes to the ends of the earth to help pilots out.

lol, I guess. Wondering about the newest rumor..50 planes leaving Comair? If so, guess I'll lose my job.

i believe there is some truth in that....i believe there will be layoffs, if not an early out package only because there will be so many to leave at once....just my opinion.....Comair is not a growing airline. but with the fact that we are all, pilots included, getting new wings, and the guys new pins for their hats, makes me think that we will be flying for other carriers, just like skywest does, whether or not we are actually sold i dont know.

i believe there is some truth in that....i believe there will be layoffs, if not an early out package only because there will be so many to leave at once....just my opinion.....Comair is not a growing airline. but with the fact that we are all, pilots included, getting new wings, and the guys new pins for their hats, makes me think that we will be flying for other carriers, just like skywest does, whether or not we are actually sold i dont know.

I have been here 8 years and if they offer buy-outs our voluntary furloughs, I plan to take it. Hope you will still have a job. You should cuz you'e been here for such a long time.

I'm not a flight attendant, but I spent 6+ glorious years at Comair. First off, I think you need to tell all of your friends to relax. Comair has ALWAYS negotiated in the press. They may very well get rid of the 55 jets. But think about this. The decision on whether or not to get rid of the 50 seat RJs has already been decided. They're either going to get rid of them or not, and they may or may not replace a lot of them with bigger airframes. That part is out of your hands.

Having said that, all 3 union contracts are coming up in November, I think? Comair is trying to scare the hell out of everyone. The first jets aren't slated to leave until April. It's Comair's SOP to scare the hell out of you, just so they can try and get concessions. If they're already going to get rid of the airplanes anyway, whatever paycuts they get you all to accept don't really affect anything, other than their bonuses. What we said before the strike was "Max pay until the last day". I think it's appropriate here.

Good luck,
bs

He is a status rep. for the F/Os and has been on a ton of conference calls lately. Mostly talking about contract negotiations. He still doesn't believe that Comair will be dismantled....I think it's a possibility. If we're sold, I hope the employees go with the airplanes, if not, we'll find a new job. I'm more worried for my husband than myself. Right now, I do this for the paycheck until I can find a new job but it won't be in this industry. He loves to fly and that's what he wants to do. He's also a damn good staus rep. If you're ever in a jam he goes to the ends of the earth to help pilots out.

Tiffany, if that's your real name...which I hope it isn't, because if it was I feel sorry for your boyfriend.
Calm down, lay low and stay off the message boards. Doesn't look too good for you to be on here panicking, asking other FI.com members what the fate of your boyfriends career is. No one here on FI knows what is going to happen at Comair, it's all speculation. You're getting smartazz reply's for a reason.
You're going to sit on here, get 100 different peoples perspective and drive yourself nuts. If you've been a FA for 4-6 years, than you should know nothing in aviation is set in stone until it actually happens. It's all hear say.
Out of all the Comair stuff I've read on here, the most realistic is what Bob S. just posted about.

It's the weekend, go get a beer, watch Golden Girls and smoke a joint. Relax!

Tiffany, if that's your real name...which I hope it isn't, because if it was I feel sorry for your boyfriend.
Calm down, lay low and stay off the message boards. Doesn't look too good for you to be on here panicking, asking other FI.com members what the fate of your boyfriends career is. No one here on FI knows what is going to happen at Comair, it's all speculation. You're getting smartazz reply's for a reason.
You're going to sit on here, get 100 different peoples perspective and drive yourself nuts. If you've been a FA for 4-6 years, than you should know nothing in aviation is set in stone until it actually happens. It's all hear say.
Out of all the Comair stuff I've read on here, the most realistic is what Bob S. just posted about.

It's the weekend, go get a beer, watch Golden Girls and smoke a joint. Relax!

I don't post much anymore because I realize I don't care anymore but I like to read posts. I'm not worried because I plan to take a voluntary furlough or whatever buyout they may offer and I'm happy if they do. I'll throw myself a goodbye party and then maybe smoke a joint and have a beer since I won't have to worry about alcohol and drug testing anymore.

Latest resources

Back