• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not a flight attendant, but I spent 6+ glorious years at Comair. First off, I think you need to tell all of your friends to relax. Comair has ALWAYS negotiated in the press. They may very well get rid of the 55 jets. But think about this. The decision on whether or not to get rid of the 50 seat RJs has already been decided. They're either going to get rid of them or not, and they may or may not replace a lot of them with bigger airframes. That part is out of your hands.

Having said that, all 3 union contracts are coming up in November, I think? Comair is trying to scare the hell out of everyone. The first jets aren't slated to leave until April. It's Comair's SOP to scare the hell out of you, just so they can try and get concessions. If they're already going to get rid of the airplanes anyway, whatever paycuts they get you all to accept don't really affect anything, other than their bonuses. What we said before the strike was "Max pay until the last day". I think it's appropriate here.

Good luck,
bs

They won't get concessions from us. I believe this is more than just a scare tactic by OH. Like I said, I don't care because I want to be furloughed.

They won't get concessions from us. I believe this is more than just a scare tactic by OH. Like I said, I don't care because I want to be furloughed.

You have a very senior pilot/fa group there. They're not willing to start all over again.
I had friends there in 2006 when the concessions were being imposed. They said everyone was going to vote NO, but afterwards the vote showed the majority voted yes. I even spoke with a female captain and she said she voted yes because she's got too much invested. She's not the only one.

Latest resources

Back